EXCLUSIVE: Mekhi Phifer is set to star opposite John Barrowman and Eve Myles in the upcoming fourth season of sci-fi drama Torchwood, which Starz is co-producing with the BBC for a run on both networks. Phifer joins original Torchwood stars Barrowman, who plays time agent/con man Captain Jack Harkness, and Myles, who plays ex-police officer Gwen Cooper. The Lie to Me alum will play the third lead, Rex Matheson, a CIA agent, a fast-tracked high-flyer with a lethal sense of humor who starts to feel his mortality when his life is put in danger. In addition to his co-starring turn on Fox’s Lie to Me last season, Phifer, repped by WME and Brookside, was a regular on NBC’s ER. He also recently signed on for the Lifetime action film Close Quarters. Torchwood recently cast Crash actress Arlene Tur in a recurring role.
Mekhi Phifer Set As Lead On 'Torchwood'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Don Johnson, Rupert Grint & Nick Frost Get A ‘Sick Note’ In Sky Atlantic Series
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Review: Cillian Murphy & Gang Raise Stakes In Strong Return
- 'Roots' Review: Reimagined Slavery Epic Poignant In Era Of Black Lives Matter
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Aziz Ansari’s ‘Master Of None’ Takes Unconventional Path To…
- Snoop Dogg Urges Acolytes To Avoid ‘Roots’ As Reboot Is Set To Premiere
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Ends Season Quietly On Low-Rated Holiday Sunday