The Magnolia Pictures genre arm Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Hobo With A Shotgun, a Jason Eisener-directed grindhouse-style drama with Rutger Hauer playing the title character. The film was hatched by Eisener for a SXSW contest to create a trailer in the vein of the mock trailers in the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez film Grindhouse. It was turned into a low budget vigilante-style film that will premiere in the Midnight section of Sundance on January 21.
Magnet Acquires Sundance Selection 'Hobo With A Shotgun'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $285M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities