The Magnolia Pictures genre arm Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Hobo With A Shotgun, a Jason Eisener-directed grindhouse-style drama with Rutger Hauer playing the title character. The film was hatched by Eisener for a SXSW contest to create a trailer in the vein of the mock trailers in the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez film Grindhouse. It was turned into a low budget vigilante-style film that will premiere in the Midnight section of Sundance on January 21.
Magnet Acquires Sundance Selection 'Hobo With A Shotgun'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations