EXCLUSIVE: Kaylee Defer is joining the CW series Gossip Girl as a recurring with a series option for next season. Her character which, like most things Gossip Girl, is shrouded in secrecy, is said to be Lily’s (Kelly Rutherford) niece. She will be introduced later this season. Defer, repped by Innovative and Kritzer Levine Wilkins Griffin Entertainment, was a regular on the Fox comedy The War at Home and the WB drama The Mountain, which was executive produced by Gossip Girl co-creator Stephanie Savage.
Kaylee Defer Joins CW's 'Gossip Girl'
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'