EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Now At $82M+, 'Alice' Taking A Spill With $40M Over 4-Day Memorial Day Holiday - Friday PM Update
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…
- ‘Glee’ Actor Mark Salling Indicted On Child Porn Charges, Faces 20 Years In Prison
- Donald Trump Backs Out Of Debate With Bernie Sanders, TV Networks Mourn
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says