EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development