EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
John Skipper Resigns As ESPN President; Admits Substance Abuse Problem; George Bodenheimer New Acting Chairman
Latest TV News
- ‘Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency’ Canceled At BBC America
- Geoffrey C. Ward, Ken Burns’ Write-Hand Man, To Receive WGA East Career Honor
- Showtime Sets Premiere Date For Animated ‘Our Cartoon President’ From Stephen Colbert: Watch The Trailer
- Casting Society Issues Open Call To Performers With Disabilities
- TNT Acquires Off-Network Rights To CBS’ ‘NCIS: New Orleans’
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall ’18 Broadcast Syndication Launch