EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers' Less Than Meets The Eye With Near $60M Five-Day Domestic Opening - Midday B.O. Update
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Legion’ & ‘Fargo’ Stunt Coordinator Guy Bews On Executing A ‘Revenant’-Like One-Take Sequence In…
- TV Upfront Market, After A Slow Start, Might Be Helped By Stable Economy
- Comic-Con: FX Bringing ‘Legion,’ ‘Archer’ & ‘The Strain’ Back To San Diego
- ‘Olive Forever’: Newcomer Emily Rudd Lands Lead In USA Comedic Pilot
- ‘Little Women’: Angela Lansbury In Talks For Miniseries Adaptation At BBC & PBS
- How ‘The Immortal Life’ Director George C. Wolfe Honored The Life And Legacy Of Henrietta Lacks