EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- Eliza Dushku Joins CBS’ ‘Bull’ As Savvy Lawyer This Season & Maybe Next
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 10 At Spike
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Genius’ & ‘Vietnam War’ Among Tribeca TV Fest Slate
- ‘The Knick’ Canceled After 2 Seasons As Cinemax Focuses On Action Dramas
- ‘Westworld’: Talulah Riley Promoted To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘Happy!’ Bobby Moynihan To Voice Title Character In Syfy Pilot