EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Flexes Muscle With $21M+ During The Lowest-Grossing Weekend Of 2017 To Date - Sunday AM
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
Universal $3B+ As 'Despicable' Franchise Takes Ani Crown; Wonder Woman To $800M Global; 'Wolf Warrior 2' Bests 'Avatar' Single-Market Record
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Latest TV News
- Why ‘Hairspray Live!’ Costume Designer Mary Vogt Encouraged Her Dancers To Rip Their Clothes
- Hollywood Remembers Jerry Lewis: “I Am Because He Was” Says Jim Carrey
- Jerry Lewis Dies: Comedy Legend, Classic Filmmaker Was 91
- Emmy Predictions: Outstanding Television Movie
- How ‘Fargo’ Editor Curtis Thurber Transitioned From Assisting An Emmys Perennial To Becoming One Himself
- Emmy Predictions: Outstanding Limited Series