EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Rashida Jones Praises Netflix For Backing "Risky" 'Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On' Docuseries - Sundance Studio
Uni/Blumhouse's 'Split' Is A Hit With High $39M To $40M+; 'Xander Cage' Falls Down - Saturday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Madonna Clarifies Nonviolent Intent Of Women’s March Speech For Critics Immune To Context
- Danny Strong On His Sundance Debut With J.D. Salinger Film, Donald Trump & ‘Empire’ Spinoff
- Country Star Luke Bryan To Sing National Anthem At Super Bowl 2017
- Spurs v. Cavaliers Gives ABC Its Best Non-Christmas NBA Ratings Of Season
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise Bigly Post-Inauguration With Host Aziz Ansari
- ‘SNL’: Aziz Ansari Has A Message For Trump – And Isn’t Gaga Over ‘La La Land’