EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Celebrity Pediatrician Comedy Produced By Craig Zadan & Neil Meron
- Syfy Orders 'Hunters' Series From Gale Anne Hurd Based On 'Alien Hunter' Book
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Decent, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong…
- AMC Pilot 'White City' Casting: Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Join
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO