EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
White House Threatens To Stop Press Briefing Over Questions On Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
Latest TV News
- ‘Chernobyl’ Miniseries Starring ‘The Crown’s Jared Harris Set By HBO & Sky – TCA
- ‘Cops Beyond The Bust’ Spike TV To Air Special To Celebrate 1000th Episode Of ‘Cops’
- 'True Detective' Close To Season 3 Green Light, Mahershala Ali Confirmed To Star
- ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update: “Script Terrific” Says HBO Programming Boss; Budget, Cast & Director Being Figured Out…
- Jon Stewart To Headline HBO Stand-Up Comedy Special – TCA
- Regal CEO: Hollywood Studios Remain Divided On How Premium VOD Could Work