EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Millennium's Avi Lerner Rips Into Keanu Reeves For Walking Away From Movie 'The Detail'; Reeves' Lawyer Disputes
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’ Review: Kathy Bates & Chuck Lorre Sitcom May Be Funny if You’re High
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Shannon Purser On Honing Her Screen Acting Skills With First Television Project
- 'The Opposition With Jordan Klepper': Quintet Tapped As Correspondents For ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff
- CBS Wants ‘Judge Judy’ Profits Suit Trimmed Before 2018 Trial; Judge Judy Brags About Strong-Arming CBS
- ‘The Night Of’s Bill Camp On Series’ End: “I Don’t Think He Did It” – Emmys
- ‘SEAL Team’: Michael Irby, Jay Hayden, Alona Tal Set To Recur In CBS Drama Series