EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘White Dave’ Comedy From David Talbert, LeBron James & Gabrielle Union Set At ABC
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Alone Together’ Gets Season 2 Renewal Ahead Of January Premiere On Freeform
- Francie Calfo Promoted To Chairman of Imagine Television Group
- Zac Brown Bands Together With Propagate For Film & TV Deal, Eyes Reality Series
- CBS Directors Initiative Sets 2017-18 Class
- David Zaslav Talks Scripps, Skinny Bundles & Going Direct-To-Consumer – Mipcom