EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest TV News
- The Weinstein Co. Names Executive With Experience In Restructuring To Board Of Directors
- ‘Jane the Virgin’ Finale’: Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, ‘Dallas’-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5…
- UTA Promotes Eight To Agent Status
- Imagine Entertainment Not Filling CEO Role After Charlie Corwin Exit, “Invested In Him Going Forward”
- WGA Seeks To Reshape Talent Agency Business With Proposal For New Deal
- Kim Jong-un Makes U-Turn Ahead Of Donald Trump Sit-Down; POTUS Tweets Victory Lap