EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Cristela' Gets Full-Season Order By ABC
- George Eads Exits 'CSI' After 15 Seasons
- 'True Detective' Co-Stars Taylor Kitsch, Rachel McAdams, Kelly Reilly Confirmed By HBO For Season 2
- Michael Stahl-David To Topline Drug-Trade Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- David Dobkin To Direct 'Badlands' AMC Series; Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger Cast
- BOOM! Studios Sells Dramas 'Deep State' With Howard Gordon & 'The Rinse' To Fox