EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Blade Runner' Nears $100M Offshore, Has Soft Korea Open; 'Kingsman' Closes In On $200M - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- NBCU And Snap Inc. Launch Digital Studio With Lauren Anderson Heading Content
- Jimmy Kimmel Returns To Brooklyn, Vowing To Be “As Artisanal As It Gets”
- Trevor Noah Probes Chicago Murder Rate To Kick Off ‘The Daily Show’ Windy City Week
- Univision Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS In Carriage Dispute
- John Dunsworth Dies: The ‘Trailer Park Boys’ Actor Was 71
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”