EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: President Donald Trump Passed His Physical – And The Tide Pod Challenge
- PGA Awards Winners List & Live Blog
- Bob Smith Dies: First Openly Gay Comic To Appear On ‘The Tonight Show’ Was 59
- Oscar Winners Fisher Stevens & Ross Kauffman Take On Discovery Doc ‘Taken By The Tiger’
- ‘Spheres: Songs Of Spacetime’ Trailer: Jessica Chastain Narrates VR Experience Exploring Sounds Of The Cosmos
- Netflix’s ‘The Crown’ Targets Paul Bettany As New Prince Philip In Season 3