EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Buys Into Simon Pegg & Nick Frost’s Stolen Picture
- Stephen Colbert Doubles Down On Emmy Joke About John Oliver
- ‘Late Show’: Hillary Clinton Calls Putin A Manspreader; Says She’s “Paula Revere”
- Conan O’Brien Visits Jerusalem; Shares Trump’s Peace Plan Which Includes A Hotel Casino & Hummus Fountain
- Donald Trump Says Ratings For This Year’s Emmys Were “The Worst Ever”
- Damon Lindelof Teases Start Of ‘Watchmen’ Series At HBO