EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Final 2016-17 TV Rankings: ‘Sunday Night Football’ Winning Streak Continues
- Ron Howard On Directing ‘The Beatles: Eight Days A Week – The Touring Years’: The Contenders Emmys Video
- ‘Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly’ Promo: Vague About Details, Mum On Vladimir Putin
- ‘Law & Order: SVU’- ‘Chicago Justice’s Michael S. Chernuchin Named Showrunner
- ‘Kingdom’ & ‘Bloodline’ Final Seasons Review: Strong Shows Go Out Swinging
- ‘Veep’: Original Cast Closes Deals To Return For Season 7 Of HBO Comedy