EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest TV News
- ‘Coach’ Comes Back As 13-Episode NBC Series Starring Craig T. Nelson
- TNT’s Miami Drug-Trade Drama To Be Redeveloped
- Jason Alexander Will Take Over When Larry David Leaves His ‘Fish In The Dark’
- PBS Already Has Talked To Julian Fellowes About Next Masterpiece Drama
- Starz Rises To No. 2 Pay Cable Network In Subscribers
- #8216;Downton Abbey’s Gareth Neame On Series End: “We Know Exactly The Story We Want To Tell” (6 Seasons…