EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Latest TV News
- CBS & Its Stations Go Dark On Dish Network As Deal Deadline Passes
- Stephen Colbert And Elizabeth Warren Talk Trump: “There Are Dog Years, Now There Are Trump Years”
- Bellum Entertainment Hit With Identical Lawsuits
- CBS, PBS & Bloomberg Suspend Charlie Rose In Wake of Sexual Harassment Allegations
- International Emmy Awards: Kenneth Branagh, Anna Friel Among Winners – Complete List
- ‘Harley Quinn’: DC Digital Service Orders Animated Series About Comic Book Villainess From ‘Powerless…