EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch
- Lenny Platt Joins CBS Pilot ‘Perfect Citizen’; Demetrius Grosse Cast In NBC’s ‘For God And Country…
- ‘Sun Records’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On CMT
- Trond Fausa & Dan Gill Join Fox’s ‘Thin Ice’ Comedy Pilot
- Erinn Westbrook & Michael Provost Join ‘Insatiable’; Brooke Lyons In ‘Life Sentence’
- ‘Doubt’ Pulled By CBS After 2 Airings, ‘Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders’ To Replace It