EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Dan Goor On Cancellation-Renewal Saga; Season Finale That Could Have Been A Series Finale
Latest TV News
- Comcast-Sky: UK Government Doesn’t See Initial Public Interest Concerns In Acquisition Bid
- LA Screenings 2018: 1,500 Global Buyers Eye Hot Broadcast Dramas & Comedies As Event Heads Into New Era
- Netflix Signs Comedian Vir Das For Two Additional Live Stand-up Specials
- Michael Douglas, David Simon, Ava DuVernay, ‘Sherlock’ Producer Behind New Dramas For Atrium TV
- ITV Royals Drama ‘Victoria’ Adds ‘Harlots’ & ‘Lewis’ Stars With Third Season…
- John Oliver: John Bolton May Be Next Scaramucci After North Korea Blunder