EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- TV Writer Survey Circulates In An Effort To Achieve Salary Parity
- 'God Friended Me' Light Procedural From 'Alcatraz' Co-Creators, Berlanti Prods. & Marcos Siega Gets CBS Pilot Order
- SAG Awards Draws 2.7M In TBS-TNT Simulcast
- ‘The Perfectionists’: ‘PLL’ EP Charlie Craig Joins Spinoff Pilot As Co-Showrunner
- ‘The Rookie’: Liz Friedlander To Direct First Episode Of ABC Drama Series
- 'Get Christie Love' Reboot Starring Kylie Bunbury From Courtney Kemp & Vin Diesel Gets Official ABC Pilot Order