EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Kimmel has signed a new two-year extension with ABC to continue as the host/executive producer of the network’s late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which will continue to air at 12:05 AM for the time being. The new deal will take the show into its 10th season. Kimmel’s current pact was up next month. During this past November sweep, Jimmy Kimmel Live posted year-to-year increases in both total viewers and adults 18-49, growing its audience for the 4th time in the past 5 years. In total viewers Kimmel (1.86 million) outdelivered Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million) or CBS’ Craig Ferguson (1.79 million). The best news about the renewal – Kimmel can continue to be a fixture at ABC’s May upfront presentation in New York.
Jimmy Kimmel Signs New Two-Year Deal With ABC For 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
Latest TV News
- MTV VMAs: Kanye West Talks Violence, Taylor Swift & More In Fun But Rambling Speech
- ‘Westworld’ Full Length Trailer: There May Be Something Wrong With This World
- Colin Kaepernick’s Anthem Protest Stirs Day-Long Debate; Spike Lee Says “I Support My Brother”
- Harry Fujiwara Dies: WWE’s Mr. Fuji Was 82
- Charles Osgood Announces Retirement: Mellow-Voiced Anchor of ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ Ends 22-Year Run September 25
- Ann Coulter Skewers Hillary Clinton – And Gets Skewered – At Comedy Central’s Roast Of Rob Lowe