EXCLUSIVE: There will be a lot more of the brilliantly scary Richard Harrow on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire next year. Young British actor Jack Huston, who played the role in five episodes during the second half of the prohibition era drama’s first season, is joining the cast as a regular for Season 2. Harrow, a disfigured war veteran and former sharpshooter in the American army who has the left side of his face covered with a painted tin plate, got a second shot at life when Jimmy Darmody (Michael Pitt) hired him as a hit-man and bodyguard. Huston, who is part of an acting dynasty as the grandson of John Huston and nephew of Anjelica Huston, is coming into his own. In addition to getting the plum series regular role on Boardwalk Empire, he recently landed one of the leads in The Sopranos creator David Chase’s feature debut, a music-driven coming of age story set in 1960’s suburbia. In fact, it was Boardwalk Empire creator (and former Sopranos executive producer) Terence Winter who recommended Huston to his former boss Chase after seeing his work on Boardwalk Empire. Huston, whose credits include the feature Boogie Woogie and the ABC series Eastwick, is repped by UTA, the Collective and UK’s Ken McReddie Assoc.
Jack Huston Upped To Regular On HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Latest TV News
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3
- Rebecca Eaton Explains How To Get BBC To Tackle Quintessentially American ‘Little Women’ – TCA
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Canceled After Two Seasons
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Review: Tangled Tale Falls Out Of Fashion
- Media Content Wars Will Require Both Scale And Reach; “A Brand Only Gets You So Far” — NATPE