EXCLUSIVE: There will be a lot more of the brilliantly scary Richard Harrow on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire next year. Young British actor Jack Huston, who played the role in five episodes during the second half of the prohibition era drama’s first season, is joining the cast as a regular for Season 2. Harrow, a disfigured war veteran and former sharpshooter in the American army who has the left side of his face covered with a painted tin plate, got a second shot at life when Jimmy Darmody (Michael Pitt) hired him as a hit-man and bodyguard. Huston, who is part of an acting dynasty as the grandson of John Huston and nephew of Anjelica Huston, is coming into his own. In addition to getting the plum series regular role on Boardwalk Empire, he recently landed one of the leads in The Sopranos creator David Chase’s feature debut, a music-driven coming of age story set in 1960’s suburbia. In fact, it was Boardwalk Empire creator (and former Sopranos executive producer) Terence Winter who recommended Huston to his former boss Chase after seeing his work on Boardwalk Empire. Huston, whose credits include the feature Boogie Woogie and the ABC series Eastwick, is repped by UTA, the Collective and UK’s Ken McReddie Assoc.
Jack Huston Upped To Regular On HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- TV Academy Reclassifies Variety Special Emmy Categories; Splits Some Costume, Directing & Sound Editing Fields
- White House: Those Calling Trump’s Tweet Harassment Have Minds “In Gutter”
- ‘The Punisher’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- ‘City On A Hill’: Jill Hennessy Among Four Regulars Cast In Ben Affleck & Matt Damon's Showtime Drama Pilot