EXCLUSIVE: There will be a lot more of the brilliantly scary Richard Harrow on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire next year. Young British actor Jack Huston, who played the role in five episodes during the second half of the prohibition era drama’s first season, is joining the cast as a regular for Season 2. Harrow, a disfigured war veteran and former sharpshooter in the American army who has the left side of his face covered with a painted tin plate, got a second shot at life when Jimmy Darmody (Michael Pitt) hired him as a hit-man and bodyguard. Huston, who is part of an acting dynasty as the grandson of John Huston and nephew of Anjelica Huston, is coming into his own. In addition to getting the plum series regular role on Boardwalk Empire, he recently landed one of the leads in The Sopranos creator David Chase’s feature debut, a music-driven coming of age story set in 1960’s suburbia. In fact, it was Boardwalk Empire creator (and former Sopranos executive producer) Terence Winter who recommended Huston to his former boss Chase after seeing his work on Boardwalk Empire. Huston, whose credits include the feature Boogie Woogie and the ABC series Eastwick, is repped by UTA, the Collective and UK’s Ken McReddie Assoc.
Jack Huston Upped To Regular On HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Orphan Black' Season 5 Episode 1 Unveiled At PaleyFest: Cast & EPs On Clone Club's Fate, Evil Rachel & The Mysterious Man
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- ‘Orphan Black’ Season 5 Episode 1 Unveiled At PaleyFest: Cast & EPs On Clone Club’s Fate, Evil Rachel & The…
- Seth Meyers Warns Donald Trump To Stop Stealing ‘SNL’s ‘Weekend Update’ Bits
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’