Fox is not officially confirming yet but it is as final as it gets: The Good Guys won’t be returning for a second season. Fox originally picked up Matt Nix’s cop dramedy straight-to-series for a summer run. In May, before the show had premiered, the network ordered additional episodes and put it on the fall schedule to air on Fridays. But, despite getting a preview run behind American Idol, the series starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks never gained traction and performed underwhelmingly for its entire 20-episode run.
It's Over For Fox's 'The Good Guys'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys 'Assisted Loving' Comedy From Claudia Lonow
- Lucy Punch To Star In FX Comedy She Will Pen With Ant Hines & Casper Christensen
- Fox Buys Ensemble Comedy From Alec Sulkin & Julius Sharpe As Put Pilot
- 'Full House' Reboot Eyed By Warner Bros. TV
- Eva Longoria Producing Medical Drama For NBC
- Tom Cibrowski Elevated At ABC News, 'GMA' & 'World News' Get New Exec Producers