Fox is not officially confirming yet but it is as final as it gets: The Good Guys won’t be returning for a second season. Fox originally picked up Matt Nix’s cop dramedy straight-to-series for a summer run. In May, before the show had premiered, the network ordered additional episodes and put it on the fall schedule to air on Fridays. But, despite getting a preview run behind American Idol, the series starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks never gained traction and performed underwhelmingly for its entire 20-episode run.
It's Over For Fox's 'The Good Guys'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…