Fox is not officially confirming yet but it is as final as it gets: The Good Guys won’t be returning for a second season. Fox originally picked up Matt Nix’s cop dramedy straight-to-series for a summer run. In May, before the show had premiered, the network ordered additional episodes and put it on the fall schedule to air on Fridays. But, despite getting a preview run behind American Idol, the series starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks never gained traction and performed underwhelmingly for its entire 20-episode run.
It's Over For Fox's 'The Good Guys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- ITV To Cut 120 Jobs As Brexit “Uncertainty” Knocks TV Ad Market
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series