Fox is not officially confirming yet but it is as final as it gets: The Good Guys won’t be returning for a second season. Fox originally picked up Matt Nix’s cop dramedy straight-to-series for a summer run. In May, before the show had premiered, the network ordered additional episodes and put it on the fall schedule to air on Fridays. But, despite getting a preview run behind American Idol, the series starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks never gained traction and performed underwhelmingly for its entire 20-episode run.
It's Over For Fox's 'The Good Guys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
More From Andreeva
- Chevy Chase-Beverly D'Angelo Comedy, Shondaland Drama Among 4 ABC Pilot Orders
- TBS Deserted Island Comedy Pilot ‘Wrecked’ Sets Ensemble Cast
- Monica Potter Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres, Workplace Comedy From Jimmy Fallon Get NBC Pilot Orders
- ‘X Men’ Drama Series Eyed By Fox
- ‘Smash’ Creator Theresa Rebeck Signs With ICM Partners