Fox is not officially confirming yet but it is as final as it gets: The Good Guys won’t be returning for a second season. Fox originally picked up Matt Nix’s cop dramedy straight-to-series for a summer run. In May, before the show had premiered, the network ordered additional episodes and put it on the fall schedule to air on Fridays. But, despite getting a preview run behind American Idol, the series starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks never gained traction and performed underwhelmingly for its entire 20-episode run.
It's Over For Fox's 'The Good Guys'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' Debuts OK, 'Blue Bloods' Inches Up Against World Series – Ratings
- Vine Star Curtis Lepore Exits Rainn Wilson Comedy
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC