IFC, which over the past year acquired Mitch Hurwitz’s Arrested Development and Judd Apatow’s Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared, has also picked up the complete series of The Larry Sanders Show, The Ben Stiller Show, Mr. Show with Bob and David and Action. The comedy series also join previously acquired British classic Monty Python’s Flying Circus. IFC will air its 8 acquired series within a new 90-minute comedy block, which will feature exclusive new interviews with writers, creators and stars of each show along with comedians who have been influenced by them. The block, which will launch Jan. 3 and air 3 days a week, will be hosted by comedian Scott Aukerman.
IFC Acquires More Cult Comedy Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate