Paul Reubens’ current Broadway show will become an HBO special. The HBO presentation of The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway will shoot at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre New York this January, immediately following the Jan. 2 conclusion of its exclusive Broadway engagement, for a 2011 premiere on the pay cable network. “Before his hit series and movies, HBO introduced Paul Reubens’ Pee-wee Herman to a national audience in the Young Comedians series, followed by the groundbreaking 1981 special,” said Nancy Geller, SVP HBO Original Programming. Reubens’ Broadway special will be directed by Marty Callner, who also directed the 1981 HBO special The Pee-wee Herman Show.
HBO To Air Paul Reubens' Broadway Show
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination