Paul Reubens’ current Broadway show will become an HBO special. The HBO presentation of The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway will shoot at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre New York this January, immediately following the Jan. 2 conclusion of its exclusive Broadway engagement, for a 2011 premiere on the pay cable network. “Before his hit series and movies, HBO introduced Paul Reubens’ Pee-wee Herman to a national audience in the Young Comedians series, followed by the groundbreaking 1981 special,” said Nancy Geller, SVP HBO Original Programming. Reubens’ Broadway special will be directed by Marty Callner, who also directed the 1981 HBO special The Pee-wee Herman Show.
HBO To Air Paul Reubens' Broadway Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era