Paul Reubens’ current Broadway show will become an HBO special. The HBO presentation of The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway will shoot at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre New York this January, immediately following the Jan. 2 conclusion of its exclusive Broadway engagement, for a 2011 premiere on the pay cable network. “Before his hit series and movies, HBO introduced Paul Reubens’ Pee-wee Herman to a national audience in the Young Comedians series, followed by the groundbreaking 1981 special,” said Nancy Geller, SVP HBO Original Programming. Reubens’ Broadway special will be directed by Marty Callner, who also directed the 1981 HBO special The Pee-wee Herman Show.
HBO To Air Paul Reubens' Broadway Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'