Paul Reubens’ current Broadway show will become an HBO special. The HBO presentation of The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway will shoot at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre New York this January, immediately following the Jan. 2 conclusion of its exclusive Broadway engagement, for a 2011 premiere on the pay cable network. “Before his hit series and movies, HBO introduced Paul Reubens’ Pee-wee Herman to a national audience in the Young Comedians series, followed by the groundbreaking 1981 special,” said Nancy Geller, SVP HBO Original Programming. Reubens’ Broadway special will be directed by Marty Callner, who also directed the 1981 HBO special The Pee-wee Herman Show.
HBO To Air Paul Reubens' Broadway Show
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s Been “Cleared” In Federal Probe Of Her Severed Trump Head Photo
- ‘Outlander’ Keeps Cast And Viewers On Their Time-Traveling Toes In Season 3 – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sues Ex-Manager Over “Sham” Contract & Commissions
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Review: Sam Worthington & Paul Bettany Are Riveting
- ‘Howards End’ EP On How Starz Period Drama Is Relevant Today – TCA