The German actor will be awarded an Honorary Golden Bear at the 61st Berlin International Film Festival in February. Mueller-Stahl, whose best-known movies include Music Box, The International and Shine, has worked with directors including Costa-Gavras, Andrzej Wajda, Jim Jarmusch and Steven Soderbergh. He won the Silver Bear at Berlin in 1992 for his performance in Utz; in 1997, the Berlinale Camera; and he was an international jury member in 2006. The Berlinale announcement comes on the day of Mueller-Stahl’s 80th birthday.
Golden Bear for Armin Mueller-Stahl
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Awardsline News
- News & Documentary Emmy Noms: PBS & CBS Lap Field; Charles Osgood Gets Career Honor
- Cinema Audio Society Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- Toronto Film Festival: Who’s In And Who’s Out?
- Los Angeles Area Emmys: KCET Leads Field; Spanish-Language Outlets Close Behind
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award
- Deadline’s PMC, Hollywood Filmmakers & Sports Teams Back Launch Of National Heroes Day