The German actor will be awarded an Honorary Golden Bear at the 61st Berlin International Film Festival in February. Mueller-Stahl, whose best-known movies include Music Box, The International and Shine, has worked with directors including Costa-Gavras, Andrzej Wajda, Jim Jarmusch and Steven Soderbergh. He won the Silver Bear at Berlin in 1992 for his performance in Utz; in 1997, the Berlinale Camera; and he was an international jury member in 2006. The Berlinale announcement comes on the day of Mueller-Stahl’s 80th birthday.
Golden Bear for Armin Mueller-Stahl
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Awardsline News
- Patricia Arquette To Be Honored At The 2017 GLAAD Media Awards, Will Pay Tribute To Sister Alexis Arquette
- James Corden On The Game He’d Like To Have President Donald Trump Play — PaleyFest
- 2017 Daytime Emmy Nominations: CBS Leads Networks With 70 Noms, ‘Young & Restless’ Tops With 25
- At Hollywood’s Film Academy, Debt Is Up, Revenue Down & Awards Income About Even
- SXSW Audiences Give Top Honors To ‘Light Of The Moon’, ‘Baby Driver’, ‘Dealt’
- Deadline To Launch 2nd The Contenders Emmys On April 9 With Record 25 Networks & Studios