An X Factor insider tells me George Michael was never even in the running for the US show, despite UK tabloids splashing that the controversial singer is a definite alongside Brit pop singer Cheryl Cole. Elton John, who was also being talked about, says he won’t be taking a judges chair. There’s speculation that Cowell has also approached Mick Jagger and Noel Gallagher, notoriously surly frontman of rock group Oasis. Cowell will announce the US X Factor judging line-up next month. Surely the US X Factor needs to have American judges such as Kanye West or Jay-Z – another one who’s turned down Cowell’s blandishments I’m told — not more Brits sitting alongside the pop Diaghilev.
George Michael WON’T Be X Factor Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow