An X Factor insider tells me George Michael was never even in the running for the US show, despite UK tabloids splashing that the controversial singer is a definite alongside Brit pop singer Cheryl Cole. Elton John, who was also being talked about, says he won’t be taking a judges chair. There’s speculation that Cowell has also approached Mick Jagger and Noel Gallagher, notoriously surly frontman of rock group Oasis. Cowell will announce the US X Factor judging line-up next month. Surely the US X Factor needs to have American judges such as Kanye West or Jay-Z – another one who’s turned down Cowell’s blandishments I’m told — not more Brits sitting alongside the pop Diaghilev.
George Michael WON’T Be X Factor Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins