DreamWorks has big plans for Alex Pettyfer. He’s the star of I Am Number Four, the adaptation of the James Frey novel that is envisioned as the start of a film franchise when it’s released February 18. The studio has locked Pettyfer into another vehicle. DreamWorks acquired Shunt: The Story of James Hunt, a book by Tom Rubython. Pettyfer will play James Hunt, the British racing driver who won the Formula One World Championships in 1976 and whose charm turned the whole country on to the sport. DreamWorks is out to high-end writers. Pettyfer will produce with John Palermo, who is also a producer on the Darren Aronofsky-directed Hugh Jackman-starrer Wolverine and is also producing Incareron, which just got Taylor Lautner attached as star.
DreamWorks Craft Racing Vehicle For Alex Pettyfer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start