Don’t you hate when this happens? A DGA member emailed me that last night he went to what was advertised as a “special screening of The Tempest paid for by Touchstone Pictures” at the Writers Guild Theatre featuring a Q&A after the screening with director Julie Taymor and stars Helen Mirren, Russell Brand, Alan Cumming and Djimon Hounsou. “Only problem was, when I got to the location, there was a line of cars and a young woman telling anyone who would roll down their window that “there was a mistake — the screening is at 135 S. Doheny”. Except the screening wasn’t there either! It’s a residential address.” Touchstone’s Disney tells me today that “the address for the screening had the address for the WGA office instead of the WGA theatre. Fortunately, most attendees realized this and went to the screening. But we had two security guards and one staff member redirecting people to the correct address. We ended up with a full successful screening.”
Disney's Stealth Screening For 'Tempest'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- James Buckley Joins Lonely Island Pic ‘Conner4real'; Evan Jones Set For ‘Shot Caller’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires ‘Tumbledown’ – Film Briefs
- ‘Aloha’ Review: Cameron Crowe Fights Bad Buzz, Summer Tentpoles With Hawaii-Set Romantic Comedy
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer…
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group