EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has handed out a pilot order to a half-hour project from comedian Matt Braunger and The Office writer-producer Brent Forrester. The two co-created and co-wrote the untitled comedy, which stars MadTV alum Braunger as a nice guy who works a crappy day job as a closed-captioner and at night gets into crazy escapades with his curmodgeony friend. Forrester is slated to direct the pilot and serve as showrunner. Avalon Television (Comedy Central’s Workaholics) is producing. Forrester, whose credits also include The Simpsons and King of the Kill, and Braunger are repped by UTA. Braunger, a frequent panel guest on Chelsea Lately, is also with Avalon Management.
Comedy Central Orders Pilot Starring Comedian Matt Braunger
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- AT&T, Justice Department Settlement Talks Over Time Warner Deal Fail