EXCLUSIVE: It could have easily gotten lost in the shuffle. Matthew Carnahan’s half-hour script House of Lies, set in the world of corporate management consulting, was put in development under previous Showtime entertainment president Robert Greenblatt and was turned in just as the pay cable network was undergoing a regime change in the summer. But new Showtime programming chief David Nevins read it shortly after he started and got behind it right away, putting the project on the fact track and attaching Emmy winner Stephen Hopkins to direct it. Now I hear Nevins is eying it as his potential second pilot order following the pickup of drama Homeland starring Claire Danes. The green light is contingent on locking in the lead, which may not be far off. I hear Don Cheadle is in talks to star in the project, which is described as a sophisticated dark comedy about Marty, a thirtysomething top management consultant who is cutthroat and not afraid to play dirty. Dirt creator Carnahan is executive producing House of Lies with Jessika Borsiczky (FlashForward). Production on Homeland, which just cast Mandy Patinkin opposite Danes, starts on January 10 in Charlotte N.C.
Comedy About Big Business Nears Pilot Pickup At Showtime
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Ratings Rise On Another Encore Heavy Tuesday
- Judge Throws Out Racial Bias Suit Against Time Warmer, CNN & TBS
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Renewed For Season 3 By OWN As Ava DuVernay Inks First-Look Deal With Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo…
- Dan Rather: Donald Trump’s Boy Scout Jamboree Speech “Disgusting”
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Tells Boy Scouts Their Government Is Festering River Of Human Waste
- ‘Feud’ Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland’s Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX…