As he is getting ready to take on daytime with his new syndicated talk show next fall, Anderson Cooper’s primetime fortunes are falling. His CNN show Anderson Cooper 360 is wrapping 2010 as its lowest rated year ever in primetime among adults 25-54 and second lowest in total viewers behind only its primetime debut in 2005. Year-to-year, Anderson Cooper (665,000 viewers, 207,000 in 25-54) is down 33% in 25-54 and 32% in total viewers. Cooper’s declines are not isolated as they mirror CNN’s 34% year-to-year drop in total viewers and 25-54. In primetime, 2010 marks the cable news network’s lowest-rated year in both categories in at least 14 years. Still, Cooper’s sharp ratings declines would probably give a pause to Warner Bros., which produces and distributes his daytime talk show, Anderson. For comparison, Nancy Grace, who hosts a primetime show on CNN’s sibling channel HLN, was on the rise, hitting all-time-high ratings last year when she was signed on to do a syndicated show. Her Swift Justice with Nancy Grace has been the highest-rated first-year syndicated series this season.
CNN's Anderson Cooper Hits Primetime Low
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Shameless’ Emmy Rossum’s Salary Demands Vs. Television’s Parity Rule
- Anna Kendrick, Laura Dern & Don Cheadle To Announce 2017 Golden Globes Nominees
- Gurney Productions: “Business As Usual” For Staffers In Wake Of Founders’ Ouster
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Producing ‘Transience’ Drama Project For the CW
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart
- Fox Buys ‘Basket Case’ Crime Drama From Jeff Eastin & Jason Winer Based On Book