Today during CNBC’s “The Strategy Session”, the financial news network reported that Nielsen Holdings, the global TV rating and consumer measurement company, is looking to go public as early as January. The company back in June filed with the SEC for an initial public offering of up to $1.75 billion of its common stock. (At the time, the New York-headquartered company didn’t disclose the number of shares to be offered nor details about its price range.) The company said at the time it intended to use the anticipated net proceeds to repay certain existing debt, which will be determined prior to the completion of the offering, and for general corporate purposes. But the IPO was delayed because market conditions were deemed inhospitable. Now CNBC says Nielsen Holdings is moving ahead in what appears to be a better IPO climate, especially after the recent successful GM IPO. It’s still a $1.7 billion deal and specifically CNBC said Nielsen Holdings is going to meet right after the New Year to see what’s happening in the market and target a road show starting the week of January 10th. And if all goes well, price as early as the end of that month.
CNBC: Nielsen Targeting January IPO Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…