Chris Brancato has been tapped as executive producer/showrunner on the final eight-episode season of USA’s Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Brancato became available after Fox’s Terra Nova, on which he had been consulting, recently released most of its writers. On CI, Brancato succeeds Walon Green, who served as the showrunner on Season 9. After lengthy negotiations, USA in September closed a deal with Wolf Films for a 10th and final season of Dick Wolf’s crime drama that will be headlined by original stars Vincent D’Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe who left the show in a cast shakeup following Season 8. For the past 13 years until last July, Brancato was partnered with Bert Salke in Brancato/Salke.
Chris Brancato To Run 'Law & Order: CI'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips