She’ll play Michael Fassbender’s sister in Steve McQueen’s next indie project, Shame, which begins shooting on location in New York in January. Sales agent Hanway Films has pre-sold the film to several territories including MK2 in France and Prokino in Germany. Fassbender stars as a thirtysomething man living in New York, who is unable to manage his sex life. Mulligan takes the role after just winning the high-profile part of Daisy in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby. On Shame, Abi Morgan (Brick Lane) has written the screenplay with McQueen. Shame is produced by Iain Canning, currently riding high having produced The King’s Speech, who developed this new McQueen project with Film4. Canning produced McQueen’s first film Hunger, which also starred Fassbender as Irish Republican hunger striker Bobby Sands and won the Camera d’Or at Cannes in 2008.
Now Carey Mulligan Agrees To Feel 'Shame'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…