Bret Baier, anchor of Fox News Channel’s Special Report, has signed a new multi-year deal with the top-rated news cable channel. The pact comes on the heels of Special Report with Bret Baier ranking as the second most watched program in cable news for November, behind only juggernaut The O’Reilly factor and ahead of such popular Fox News shows as Hannity and Glenn Beck. “Bret’s integrity and hard-nosed approach to journalism has made him a go-to source for political news coverage,” said SVP of News Editorial Michael Clemente. Baier has served as the anchor of Special Report since January 2009, taking over from Brit Hume. With Baier, the newscast has been averaging more than 2.4 million viewers in its 6-7 PM time slot, often beating CNN, MSNBC and Headline News combined. Baier also co-anchored with Megyn Kelly FNC’s 2010 midterm election night coverage, which outdelivered all broadcast and cable networks’ coverage with more than 7 million viewers. Over the past couple of months, FNC has been re-signing some of its top on-air talent in new multi-year deals, including pacts with Shepard Smith, Chris Wallace, and now, Baier.
Bret Baier Signs New Deal With Fox News
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…