The much hyped faceoff between Kobe Bryant and LeBron James delivered big ratings for ABC. The Christmas Day game between Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers drew a 6.4 fast national rating. This was a 45% increase vs. last year’s Christmas Day Kobe-LeBron matchup (Cleveland/L.A. Lakers – 4.4 rating), and the network’s highest rating for an NBA regular season game since Christmas Day in 2004. That 2004 game (7.3 rating) also featured Miami Heat and LA Lakers and was highlighted by another rivalry – between Kobe and teammate-turned enemy Shaquille O’Neal. In Miami, the Saturday game delivered a 15.5 metered market rating, ABC’s highest-rated NBA regular season game ever. In Los Angeles, the game earned a 15.0 rating, ABC’s highest-rated NBA regular season game locally since the Miami-LA game in 2004 (17.0 rating). Overall, the NBA Christmas Day games lineup on ABC and ESPN delivered its highest cumulative audience ever. Compared to last year’s slate of games, household ratings on ESPN were up 20% (1.8 vs. 1.5).
RATINGS RAT RACE: Big Turnout For Kobe-LeBron Showdown
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres