EXCLUSIVE: Just in times for the holidays, The Big Bang Theory co-star Kunal Nayyar has reached a new salary agreement with the series producer Warner Bros. TV, meaning that all five principal cast members of the hit CBS comedy series have now received substantial raises. I hear Nayyar will be paid around $75,000 an episode, up from about $25,000 he has been getting under his current deal. Nayyar was the least known of the quintet when Big Bang launched and thus started off lower than the others, who were most recently at about $40,000 (Simon Helberg) and about $60,000 (stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco). There had been talk that, just like Galecki, Parsons and Cuoco did, supporting players Nayyar and Helberg might get “favored nations” deals with equal financial terms. But that notion was put into doubt when only Helberg closed his deal a month ago to go up to over $100,000 an episode. Galecki, Cuoco and Parsons’ renegotiations were completed at the same time in September, netting each an equal raise to $200,000 per episode this season, with $50,000 annual increases for the next 3 seasons. Nayyar and Helberg’s deals also include built-in annual raises and Nayyar’s pact may also include a bonus that would bring him closer to Helberg in overall compensation.
'The Big Bang Theory' Co-Star Kunal Nayyar Gets Salary Bump Too
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'