EXCLUSIVE: Just in times for the holidays, The Big Bang Theory co-star Kunal Nayyar has reached a new salary agreement with the series producer Warner Bros. TV, meaning that all five principal cast members of the hit CBS comedy series have now received substantial raises. I hear Nayyar will be paid around $75,000 an episode, up from about $25,000 he has been getting under his current deal. Nayyar was the least known of the quintet when Big Bang launched and thus started off lower than the others, who were most recently at about $40,000 (Simon Helberg) and about $60,000 (stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco). There had been talk that, just like Galecki, Parsons and Cuoco did, supporting players Nayyar and Helberg might get “favored nations” deals with equal financial terms. But that notion was put into doubt when only Helberg closed his deal a month ago to go up to over $100,000 an episode. Galecki, Cuoco and Parsons’ renegotiations were completed at the same time in September, netting each an equal raise to $200,000 per episode this season, with $50,000 annual increases for the next 3 seasons. Nayyar and Helberg’s deals also include built-in annual raises and Nayyar’s pact may also include a bonus that would bring him closer to Helberg in overall compensation.
'The Big Bang Theory' Co-Star Kunal Nayyar Gets Salary Bump Too
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book