EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has handed a pilot order to Shredd: The Jon Johnsonsen Story, a live-action comedy starring Jason Lee from Reveille and Jack Black’s Electric Dynamite. Luke Watson and Jason Lee co-wrote the script for the 11-minute pilot, with Lee also set to direct. Shredd centers on Jon Johnsonsen (Lee) who, as a 17-year-old superstar skateboarder in 1985 was on top of the world until a risky skate move landed him in a coma for 25 years. When he wakes up, he is 42 but stuck in the 1980s mindset of a teenage boy and must cope with all the changes in his life. Lee and Watson are executive producing the project alongside Carolyn Bernstein, Todd Cohen and Howard T. Owens of Reveille and Black, Ben Cooley and Priyanka Mattoo of Electric Dynamite. This marks the first pilot pickup to come out of Electric Dynamite’s two-year TV overall deal with Reveille. The two companies have several other projects in development, including My Life As an Experiment, a half-hour comedy at NBC written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith. If Shredd goes to series, Lee will do it alongside his starring role on the series Memphis Beat, which runs on Adult Swim’s Turner Broadcasting sibling TNT. Memphis Beat, which premiered in June, has been renewed for a second season.
Adult Swim Greenlights Live-Action Pilot From Jack Black, Jason Lee And Reveille
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'