EXCLUSIVE: After an exhaustive search, 24 grad Warren Kole has been tapped to star alongside Michael Ealy in USA Network’s buddy cop dramedy Common Law. Kole’s casting lifts the cast contingency on the project, which centers on polar opposite LAPD homicide detectives Wes Mitchell (Kole) and Travis Marks (Ealy). The duo’s nonstop bickering and acrimony prompts their captain to send them to couples counseling. CBS TV Studios and Jon Turteltaub’s Junction Entertainment are producing with Cormac & Marianne Wibberley and Turteltaub executive producing. In addition to 24, where he played duplicitous secret service agent Brian Gedge in the show’s seventh season, Kole also recurred on the short-lived Fox drama Mental. In other cable pilot castings, Kadeem Hardison rounds out the cast of TBS’ Brain Trust. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
'24' Alum Warren Kole To Star In USA Pilot 'Common Law'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Wiz’ NBC’s Next Live Musical; Cirque Du Soleil, Broadway Versions Planned
- Warner Bros Renews Redbox Distribution Deal With 28-Day Delay
- Steven Weinstock & Glenda Hersh Top True Entertainment And Original Media
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Hit Season Finale High With 15.8M Viewers
- ‘Killing Jesus’ Breaks NatGeo Ratings Record With 3.7 Million Viewers
- ‘Mortal Instruments’ Series ‘Shadowhunters’ Lands At ABC Family