EXCLUSIVE: After an exhaustive search, 24 grad Warren Kole has been tapped to star alongside Michael Ealy in USA Network’s buddy cop dramedy Common Law. Kole’s casting lifts the cast contingency on the project, which centers on polar opposite LAPD homicide detectives Wes Mitchell (Kole) and Travis Marks (Ealy). The duo’s nonstop bickering and acrimony prompts their captain to send them to couples counseling. CBS TV Studios and Jon Turteltaub’s Junction Entertainment are producing with Cormac & Marianne Wibberley and Turteltaub executive producing. In addition to 24, where he played duplicitous secret service agent Brian Gedge in the show’s seventh season, Kole also recurred on the short-lived Fox drama Mental. In other cable pilot castings, Kadeem Hardison rounds out the cast of TBS’ Brain Trust. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
'24' Alum Warren Kole To Star In USA Pilot 'Common Law'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
Latest TV News
- Darrell Ward Dies In Plane Crash: ‘Ice Road Truckers’ Driver Was 52
- ‘The Mist’: ‘The Walking Dead’ Helmer David Boyd Boards Spike’s Steven King Adaptation
- ‘Supergirl’, ‘Frequency’, ‘No Tomorrow’ Key Art Unveiled By The CW
- Emmys: TV Academy Draws Up Juried Winners For Animation
- Preseason Football, ’60 Minutes’ & ‘Big Brother’ Score Sunday In Early Stats
- VidAngel Adds Big-Name Lawyers To Fight Studios As Filtered Film Legal Battle Looms