EXCLUSIVE: We’re already braced for Cowboys and Aliens, so how cool is it that the writers of Zombieland are taking on the tale of an assassin who mixes the skills of a cowboy with those of the ninja and the viking? Disney has purchased the feature pitch Cowboy Ninja Viking, with Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese writing the script. The basis is the graphic novel by AJ Lieberman and artist Riley Rossmo, published last year by Image Comics. Mark Gordon, Management 360 and Wernick & Reese are producing. A multiple personality disorder patient is trained to be an assassin with three different skill sets and the personalities that come with them tries to bring down the nefarious organization that made him. Wernick & Rheese most recently wrote the script for Deadpool, the X-Men spinoff based on the indestructible wisecracking character played by Ryan Reynolds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That script is out to directors. Deal was made by WME.
'Zombieland' Scribes Take On 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC