EXCLUSIVE: We’re already braced for Cowboys and Aliens, so how cool is it that the writers of Zombieland are taking on the tale of an assassin who mixes the skills of a cowboy with those of the ninja and the viking? Disney has purchased the feature pitch Cowboy Ninja Viking, with Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese writing the script. The basis is the graphic novel by AJ Lieberman and artist Riley Rossmo, published last year by Image Comics. Mark Gordon, Management 360 and Wernick & Reese are producing. A multiple personality disorder patient is trained to be an assassin with three different skill sets and the personalities that come with them tries to bring down the nefarious organization that made him. Wernick & Rheese most recently wrote the script for Deadpool, the X-Men spinoff based on the indestructible wisecracking character played by Ryan Reynolds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That script is out to directors. Deal was made by WME.
'Zombieland' Scribes Take On 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
'Captain America: Civil War' Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens - Deadline Q&A
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Kevin Feige On ‘Captain America: Civil War’ And All Things Marvel – Deadline Q&A
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Zooming Past $300M Overseas Today – Intl Box Office
- Sumner Redstone Trial: Opening Arguments Paint “Feeble” Mogul As “Lost To Us”
- Bailee Madison To Produce And Star In ‘Cowgirl’s Story’ In Second Production Outing
- Meryl Streep, Mel Brooks, Nicole Kidman, Zendaya Lend Voices To TWC Acquisition ‘The Guardian Brothers’
- IFC Films Acquires Asif Kapadia’s ‘Ali & Nino’ For North America