EXCLUSIVE: We’re already braced for Cowboys and Aliens, so how cool is it that the writers of Zombieland are taking on the tale of an assassin who mixes the skills of a cowboy with those of the ninja and the viking? Disney has purchased the feature pitch Cowboy Ninja Viking, with Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese writing the script. The basis is the graphic novel by AJ Lieberman and artist Riley Rossmo, published last year by Image Comics. Mark Gordon, Management 360 and Wernick & Reese are producing. A multiple personality disorder patient is trained to be an assassin with three different skill sets and the personalities that come with them tries to bring down the nefarious organization that made him. Wernick & Rheese most recently wrote the script for Deadpool, the X-Men spinoff based on the indestructible wisecracking character played by Ryan Reynolds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That script is out to directors. Deal was made by WME.
'Zombieland' Scribes Take On 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Bradley Cooper-Directed 'A Star Is Born' & Disney's 'Overnight On 42nd Street' Among 13 Films Picked For California Film Incentives
Latest Film News
- ‘London Has Fallen’ Helmer Babak Najafi, ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Scribes Unite On ‘Horizon Line’
- Leonardo DiCaprio On The Hard-Knock Film Education That Led To ‘The Revenant’: Q&A
- Alchemy And Arc Acquire ‘A Country Called Home’
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Trailer: Ralph Fiennes Flies His Freak Flag In Fox Searchlight Pic
- Julia Ormond Joins Peter Dinklage In ‘Rememory’
- Sundance Selects/IFC Films Ups Lisa Schwartz To Co-President