EXCLUSIVE: We’re already braced for Cowboys and Aliens, so how cool is it that the writers of Zombieland are taking on the tale of an assassin who mixes the skills of a cowboy with those of the ninja and the viking? Disney has purchased the feature pitch Cowboy Ninja Viking, with Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese writing the script. The basis is the graphic novel by AJ Lieberman and artist Riley Rossmo, published last year by Image Comics. Mark Gordon, Management 360 and Wernick & Reese are producing. A multiple personality disorder patient is trained to be an assassin with three different skill sets and the personalities that come with them tries to bring down the nefarious organization that made him. Wernick & Rheese most recently wrote the script for Deadpool, the X-Men spinoff based on the indestructible wisecracking character played by Ryan Reynolds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That script is out to directors. Deal was made by WME.
'Zombieland' Scribes Take On 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest Film News
- ‘Anna And The Apocalypse’ Trailer: Zombie Christmas Musical Dawns At Fantastic Fest
- Jake LaMotta Dies: ‘Raging Bull’ Boxer Was 95
- ‘Wonderstruck’ Trailer Strikes After Running Festival Gauntlet
- eOne Extends Film Distribution To Germany; Benjamina Mirnik-Voges Will Run Local Shop
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Trailer: Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart & Karen Gillan Go…
- Sony Pictures Television Buys Into Simon Pegg & Nick Frost’s Stolen Picture