EXCLUSIVE: We’re already braced for Cowboys and Aliens, so how cool is it that the writers of Zombieland are taking on the tale of an assassin who mixes the skills of a cowboy with those of the ninja and the viking? Disney has purchased the feature pitch Cowboy Ninja Viking, with Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese writing the script. The basis is the graphic novel by AJ Lieberman and artist Riley Rossmo, published last year by Image Comics. Mark Gordon, Management 360 and Wernick & Reese are producing. A multiple personality disorder patient is trained to be an assassin with three different skill sets and the personalities that come with them tries to bring down the nefarious organization that made him. Wernick & Rheese most recently wrote the script for Deadpool, the X-Men spinoff based on the indestructible wisecracking character played by Ryan Reynolds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That script is out to directors. Deal was made by WME.
'Zombieland' Scribes Take On 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
What's Hot on Deadline
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest Film News
- ‘The Relive Box’ Being Developed As Film By Condé Nast Entertainment; Director Aboard
- The Black List 2017 Screenplays: Post-WWII Tale ‘Ruin’ Tops Rankings
- Emily Rios Joins ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’; Craig Di Francia Cast In ‘Green Book’
- Mob Scene Names Jason Groff President & Names Mitchell Rubinstein New COO
- Kumail Nanjiani Doubles Down On ‘The Big Sick’ Snub Tweet – Update
- ‘Downsizing’ VFX Supervisor James E. Price On Satire’s “Spectacularly Banal” Effects