In one of the first series orders for Ben Silverman’s IAC-based company Electus, VH1 has handed out a 10-episode straight-to-series commitment to Mob Wives, a reality series created and executive produced by Jennifer Graziano and produced by Electus and The Weinstein Co. This marks the first collaboration between Silverman and the Weinsteins. It also marks a new push in TV for The Weinstein Co., which has signed an exclusive deal with Graziano’s JustJenn Prods. to create original reality and scripted series. JustJenn will be based in TWC’s offices in New York and L.A. “All of us at TWC loved Mob Wives, especially Harvey, and our enthusiasm wasn’t only for the project, but for Jennifer. She is a bright creative talent whose relationships and marketing experience will help us move more aggressively into television,” said David Glasser, COO of The Weinstein Co. The company’s TV series portfolio includes Lifetime’s Project Runway and On the Road with Austin & Santino. Mob Wives chronicles the lives of four struggling “allegedly” associated women who have to pick up the pieces and carry on after their husbands or fathers do time for Mob-related activities. Production beginning after Thanksgiving for a tentative debut in March 2011. Electus Distribution, the studio’s international distribution arm established in 2010 in conjunction with Shine International, will have international distribution rights across all platforms.
VH1 Orders Mob Reality Series From Ben Silverman And Harvey & Bob Weinstein
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Outsider’ Trailer: Jared Leto Fights The Current In New Netflix Film
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir & Terry Gannon To Host Olympics Closing Ceremony
- eOne Teams With Vicky Jones & Phoebe Waller-Bridge On Romantic Comedy Thriller Series ‘Run’
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold