Tribeca Film has acquired U.S. rights to The Bang Bang Club, a drama based on the lives of photojournalists during the last stages of apartheid in South Africa. It stars Ryan Phillippe and Malin Akerman and was written and directed by Steven Silver. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Tribeca Film will release it theatrically in the second quarter of 2011.
Tribeca Film Gets 'The Bang Bang Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Moviegoers Will 'Get Out' Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele's Directorial Debut - Midday B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- California Explores Expansion of State Tax Credits to Include Incentives for Women and Minorities
- Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway Among Final Round Of Oscar Presenters
- ‘The Perfect Wife’ Book Deal Another Perfect Fit For Imagine
- César Awards Winners: ‘Elle’ Best Film, Isabelle Huppert Best Actress – Full List
- Publicists Guild Awards: ‘This Is Us’, ‘Deadpool’ Among Winners
- Oscar Jaenada Cast In ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote’; Jordan Bridges Joins STX’s ‘Den Of Thieves…