Tribeca Film has acquired U.S. rights to The Bang Bang Club, a drama based on the lives of photojournalists during the last stages of apartheid in South Africa. It stars Ryan Phillippe and Malin Akerman and was written and directed by Steven Silver. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Tribeca Film will release it theatrically in the second quarter of 2011.
Tribeca Film Gets 'The Bang Bang Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
'Saturday Night Live' Taps Heidi Gardner, Luke Null & Chris Redd As New Cast Members, Adds 7 Writers For Season 43
Latest Film News
- ‘13 Reasons Why’s Anne Winters Joins ‘Night School’; ‘Trial By Fire’ Adds Jade Pettyjohn
- Oriental DreamWorks Names Peilin Chou As CCO; Designs Robust Animation Slate
- WME Signs ‘Five Fingers For Marseilles’ Duo Michael Matthews & Sean Drummond
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Martin Scorsese Ride Again On Teddy Roosevelt Pic At Paramount
- ‘A Country Of Strangers,’ Black List Script To Be Produced By Phoenix Pictures
- Rosa Parks Movie Focused On Her Early Activism In Works From Director Julie Dash & Invisible Pictures