Tribeca Film has acquired U.S. rights to The Bang Bang Club, a drama based on the lives of photojournalists during the last stages of apartheid in South Africa. It stars Ryan Phillippe and Malin Akerman and was written and directed by Steven Silver. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Tribeca Film will release it theatrically in the second quarter of 2011.
Tribeca Film Gets 'The Bang Bang Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- Dome Karukoski To Helm J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic
- PalmStar Media Closes Near $12M National Lampoon Deal; Can Laugh Brand Regain Luster?
- Cinema Audio Society Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- Toronto Fest Announcement To Kick Off Oscar-Season Guessing Game: Who Will Be In Or Out?
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- Sarah Paulson Joins M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’