Tom Hanks was a frequent guest on Conan O’Brien’s late night shows on NBC and also appeared on Conan’s final Tonight Show,. Tonight, he experienced some second-hand Splash experience on Conan’s new TBS show. (Recall that mermaid he starred in?) Here are the opening jokes from Conan’s monologue, both about his new network. “That’s right — the whitest man in show business is back — on the second blackest channel on TV…. You know what’s great? Now that we’re on the air, TBS can finally stop running promos for our show. Unfortunately, that leaves an 18-hour hole in their schedule.”
Tom Hanks Makes Big Splash On 'Conan'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over