EXCLUSIVE: When we last left this project, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 director Gore Verbinski was getting serious about saddling up for The Lone Ranger, the Disney pic that has Jerry Bruckheimer producing with Johnny Depp playing Tonto. Now we’ve learned that Disney just locked in the helmer. Still no word on when the film will begin production or who’ll play the Lone Ranger. Verbinski had been looking around for his next job after completing his first animated film as a director in Rango, which Paramount Pictures distributes next year. (Depp, of course, voiced the goggle-eyed title lizard.) Verbinski is repped by CAA.
TOLDJA! Verbinski Directing 'Lone Ranger'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest Film News
- John Requa & Glenn Ficarra Circling Margot Robbie Harley Quinn Spinoff Movie
- ‘Hellboy’ Casting Of Ed Skrein As Japanese Character Draws Whitewashing Backlash
- Griffin Dunne Joins Kevin Spacey In ‘Gore’ Netflix Biopic
- Millennium’s Avi Lerner Rips Into Keanu Reeves For Walking Away From Movie ‘The Detail’; Reeves…
- William Baldwin & Jay Abdo Join In Comedy Film ‘1st Born’; Rob Morgan Boards ‘The Week Of’
- The Orchard and Factory 25 Team For Tim Heidecker Comedy ‘Sundowners’