EXCLUSIVE: When we last left this project, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 director Gore Verbinski was getting serious about saddling up for The Lone Ranger, the Disney pic that has Jerry Bruckheimer producing with Johnny Depp playing Tonto. Now we’ve learned that Disney just locked in the helmer. Still no word on when the film will begin production or who’ll play the Lone Ranger. Verbinski had been looking around for his next job after completing his first animated film as a director in Rango, which Paramount Pictures distributes next year. (Depp, of course, voiced the goggle-eyed title lizard.) Verbinski is repped by CAA.
TOLDJA! Verbinski Directing 'Lone Ranger'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest Film News
- ‘The Purge’ Sequel Taps ‘Burning Sands’ Director Gerard McMurray
- Eugenio Derbez’s ‘Overboard’ Remake Gets Release Date From Pantelion Films
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Cite More Examples Of Actor’s Overspending In New Court Docs
- ‘UnReal’s Sarah Shapiro To Make Feature Directing Debut For JC Chandor And Amazon: About Females Who Fight Isis
- Iben Akerlie Cast In ‘Mortal’; Levi Meaden Joins ‘Breaking In’
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Promo Video: What Is A Jaeger?