The writing had been on the wall for the low-rated cop drama but TNT made it official today — Dark Blue will not be returning for a third season. The series starring Dylan McDermott and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Warner Horizon TV never found its footing and its renewal after the first season came as somewhat of a surprise, especially after TNT picked up another dark police drama, NBC’s Southland. Dark Blue didn’t improve in its second season this past summer, averaging about 2 million viewers per episode. It was the only TNT series whose fate had not been decided. The others, The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and Hawthorne, all got renewed.
TNT Cancels Cop Drama 'Dark Blue'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Trial & Error’: Kristin Chenoweth To Star In Season 2 Of NBC Legal Comedy Series
- Peter Micelli Leaving CAA To Become Chief Strategy Officer For eOne
- ‘L.A. Confidential’: Brian J. Smith To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- ‘Unsolved’ Review: Tupac & Notorious B.I.G. Murder Drama A Mic Drop For USA
- Seth Gordon To Direct ‘Dan The Weatherman’ Fox Comedy Pilot
- ‘Scandal’ Star Bellamy Young To Topline ABC Comedic Soap Pilot ‘False Profits’