The writing had been on the wall for the low-rated cop drama but TNT made it official today — Dark Blue will not be returning for a third season. The series starring Dylan McDermott and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Warner Horizon TV never found its footing and its renewal after the first season came as somewhat of a surprise, especially after TNT picked up another dark police drama, NBC’s Southland. Dark Blue didn’t improve in its second season this past summer, averaging about 2 million viewers per episode. It was the only TNT series whose fate had not been decided. The others, The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and Hawthorne, all got renewed.
TNT Cancels Cop Drama 'Dark Blue'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Linda Ellerbee To Retire From Television
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Steady With Record-Breaking 2014 Midseason Finale
- Annie Awards Noms: ‘Inside Out’, ‘Anomalisa’, ‘Shaun The Sheep’, ‘Good Dinosaur’ & ‘Peanuts ‘ Up For…
- 'Rambo: New Blood' Father-Son TV Series In Works At Fox With Sylvester Stallone
- Amazon Confirms David E. Kelley Drama Series ‘Trial’ Starring Billy Bob Thornton
- Morgan Spurlock’s Warrior Poets Teams With ABG For Strategic Brand Partnership