The writing had been on the wall for the low-rated cop drama but TNT made it official today — Dark Blue will not be returning for a third season. The series starring Dylan McDermott and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Warner Horizon TV never found its footing and its renewal after the first season came as somewhat of a surprise, especially after TNT picked up another dark police drama, NBC’s Southland. Dark Blue didn’t improve in its second season this past summer, averaging about 2 million viewers per episode. It was the only TNT series whose fate had not been decided. The others, The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and Hawthorne, all got renewed.
TNT Cancels Cop Drama 'Dark Blue'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Valor’ Ratings Slip In Week 2; ‘Dancing’ Ticks Up, ‘Good Doctor, ‘Big Bang’, ‘Lucifer’ & ‘Me, Myself & I’ Hold…
- Brave Wilderness & Coyote Peterson Ink With Brillstein
- ABC Developing Small-Town Serial Killer Comedy Produced By Jack Black
- Political ‘Groundhog Day’: Court Blocks Travel Ban 3.0, White House Outraged, DOJ Will Appeal
- Roy Price Resigns From Amazon Studios
- John McCain To CNN: Donald Trump’s “Spurious Nationalism” Taking Us Down Path That Led U.S. To World War II