The writing had been on the wall for the low-rated cop drama but TNT made it official today — Dark Blue will not be returning for a third season. The series starring Dylan McDermott and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Warner Horizon TV never found its footing and its renewal after the first season came as somewhat of a surprise, especially after TNT picked up another dark police drama, NBC’s Southland. Dark Blue didn’t improve in its second season this past summer, averaging about 2 million viewers per episode. It was the only TNT series whose fate had not been decided. The others, The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and Hawthorne, all got renewed.
TNT Cancels Cop Drama 'Dark Blue'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Still The King’ Billy Ray Cyrus Comedy Series Renewed For Season 2 By CMT
- Berlusconi And Bollore Face Off As Vivendi Looks To Change Terms Of Mediaset Pay TV Deal
- ITV Plans To Cut Costs To Counter Brexit Impact; Enjoys Profit Increase Thanks To ITV Studios
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Cartoon Hillary Clinton After Her Historic Nomination
- Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’ Presents RNC Week’s Best-Of And Outtakes
- Warner Bros Japan Names Masami Takahashi As President