The writing had been on the wall for the low-rated cop drama but TNT made it official today — Dark Blue will not be returning for a third season. The series starring Dylan McDermott and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Warner Horizon TV never found its footing and its renewal after the first season came as somewhat of a surprise, especially after TNT picked up another dark police drama, NBC’s Southland. Dark Blue didn’t improve in its second season this past summer, averaging about 2 million viewers per episode. It was the only TNT series whose fate had not been decided. The others, The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and Hawthorne, all got renewed.
TNT Cancels Cop Drama 'Dark Blue'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Michelle Phan Pushes Beyond YouTube With Endemol Beyond Online-Video Network
- Stan Lee, Carnival Films Team On Superhero Drama ‘Lucky Man’ For Sky1
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs
- Justin Bieber Apologizes For Bad Boy Ways At Roast: “I’m Disappointed In Myself”
- Ron Burgundy On Justin Bieber: “This Kid Has Spunk, Moxie, And Probably A Few Other STDs”
- iHeartRadio Music, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Top Week’s Twitter TV Ratings