The writing had been on the wall for the low-rated cop drama but TNT made it official today — Dark Blue will not be returning for a third season. The series starring Dylan McDermott and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Warner Horizon TV never found its footing and its renewal after the first season came as somewhat of a surprise, especially after TNT picked up another dark police drama, NBC’s Southland. Dark Blue didn’t improve in its second season this past summer, averaging about 2 million viewers per episode. It was the only TNT series whose fate had not been decided. The others, The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and Hawthorne, all got renewed.
TNT Cancels Cop Drama 'Dark Blue'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Jury Prize Winner Nadine Labaki’s ‘Capernaum’ Captures The Reality Of A Life in Hell For Lebanon’s Invisible Generation – Cannes Studio
Rose McGowan Reads Hollywood Missive In Surprise 'Letters Live' NYC Appearance; Joins Benedict Cumberbatch, Edie Falco
Latest TV News
- Royal Wedding Ratings: 18M Watch Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Big Day In The UK
- ‘SNL’: Donald Trump Gets ‘The Sopranos’ Treatment In Season Finale Cold Open
- Food Network ‘Ginormous Food’ Host Josh Denny Stirs The Pot Via Twitter
- Royal Wedding Draws Hollywood Tweets And Praise – Reactions From Online
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She “Looks Amazing”, Bishop Curry’s Speech And Other…
- Jimmy Kimmel Addresses Santa Fe Shooting, Urges Viewers To Vote For Politicians “Who Will Do Something”