The corpse of freshly canceled AMC drama Rubicon was still warm yesterday when attention shifted to the network’s period pilot Hell on Wheels. And for good reason – Rubicon‘s demise should improve the pilot’s chances for a series pickup. The cancellation came at the perfect time for the Entertainment One/Endemol USA-produced Hell on Wheels. The pilot was just recently delivered to AMC, and word is that the network brass liked it. There is also that AMC perfect pilot-to-ratio streak, with all of its pilots so far going to series. But, especially following the blockbuster success of the network’s new drama The Walking Dead, AMC, which has another new series, The Killing, on tap for next year, must be feeling the pinch for shelf space and promotional and marketing resources to support its rapidly growing series portfolio. With Rubicon vacating a slot on the schedule, it is easier for the network to slide a new series in it. Decision on Hell on Wheels is expected shortly, with its chances looking better by the minute. Hell on Wheels is set in the 1860s and and centers on former confederate soldier Cullen Bohannan (Anson Mount), whose quest for vengeance has led him to the Union Pacific Railroad’s westward construction of the first Transcontinental Railroad.
The Cancellation Of AMC's 'Rubicon' Opens The Door For 'Hell On Wheels'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $91M; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $41M+
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”