Martin Sheen is joining the Marc Webb-directed 3D Spider-Man movie, playing the role of Uncle Ben. He joins Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Rhys Ifans, who were set earlier in the Sony Pictures Entertainment film that begins production in December. Meanwhile, Sally Field is in early talks to join the film as Aunt May. Uncle Ben, who raised Peter Parker along with May, doesn’t last long. That’s no surprise to fans of the comic or the original film series, who watched Uncle Ben get killed by a thief whom Parker could have stopped with his new-found superpowers, but let escape. Sheen has a longer run in The Way, the crowd-pleasing film directed by his son Emilio Estevez that made its debut at the Toronto International Film Festival and is still in the process of being set up for distribution.
Martin Sheen Lands 'Spider-Man' Role And Sally Field May Be Next
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’