Pierce Brosnan is returning to television with an investigative thriller from veteran ER writer-producer Jack Orman and Sony Pictures Television that will likely go straight to series. Orman has written a pilot script for the ex-007’s project, which Sony is shopping to international broadcasters with the goal to land pre-sales elsewhere before taking it to U.S. networks. The untitled drama centers on a “fixer,” private investigator specializing in international crisis intervention who is called in to help solve homicides, abductions, financial schemes and other crimes anywhere in the world. It is largely based on the real-life experiences of international PI Logan Clarke, head of the Los Angeles-based Clarke International Investigations. Producer Keri Selig started things off on the project when she took Clarke to Irish DreamTime, Brosnan’s production company with Beau St. Clair. Brosnan, St. Clair and Selig will executive the series with Orman. Brosnan won’t play the lead but is expected to have a smaller role on the show in the vein of Hugh Jackman’s involvement on Viva Laughlin, which also was produced by Sony TV. Brosnan’s only previous major TV series gig was his starring role on the 1982 NBC adventure dramedy Remington Steele. Last season, Orman wrote the Sony TV-produced pilot Matadors at ABC. Brosnan and Orman are with CAA.
James Bond's Pierce Brosnan Headed To TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- ‘Orphan Black’ Season 5 Episode 1 Unveiled At PaleyFest: Cast & EPs On Clone Club’s Fate, Evil Rachel & The…
- Seth Meyers Warns Donald Trump To Stop Stealing ‘SNL’s ‘Weekend Update’ Bits
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’