The Sunday launch of Disney Channel’s newest original series debuted as the channel’s No. 2 series premiere on record in total viewers and tweens 9-14, and its No. 1 Sunday series debut ever in all target demos. The show stars Bella Thorne in what Disney Channel execs are betting becomes a breakout show and breakout starlet to replace aging Miley Cyrus. At 7:30 PM, lead-in Hannah Montana Forever posted that series’ best ratings in more than 3 years across all key demos and ranking as the series’ No. 3 telecast of all time in total viewers.
'Shake It Up' Shines For Disney Channel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series