The Sunday launch of Disney Channel’s newest original series debuted as the channel’s No. 2 series premiere on record in total viewers and tweens 9-14, and its No. 1 Sunday series debut ever in all target demos. The show stars Bella Thorne in what Disney Channel execs are betting becomes a breakout show and breakout starlet to replace aging Miley Cyrus. At 7:30 PM, lead-in Hannah Montana Forever posted that series’ best ratings in more than 3 years across all key demos and ranking as the series’ No. 3 telecast of all time in total viewers.
'Shake It Up' Shines For Disney Channel
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- NFL Players Union Stands In Solidarity With WGA As Strike Looms
- ‘The Reykjavik Confessions’: Buccaneer Media, Balt Kormakur’s RVK Studios Plot True Crime Drama
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening…
- TruTV’s Andrea Savage Comedy ‘I’m Sorry’ Casts Up With Kathy Baker, Martin Mull
- ‘Wag The Dog’ Comedy Series In Works At HBO
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Episode #2: FYC Emmy Campaigns, ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘American Gods’