EXCLUSIVE: Scarlett Johansson is in final negotiations to star alongside Matt Damon in We Bought A Zoo, the Cameron Crowe-directed adaptation of the Benjamin Mee memoir for 20th Century Fox about an American who moves to England to operate a zoo. Deadline reported on Monday that Johansson had the inside track on the role, but she and the studio were apart on money. Fox was also talking to Amy Adams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Rachel McAdams. Crowe and Aline Brosh McKenna wrote the script. Johansson has been on the short list for several plum parts recently. She is in contention to play Daisy Buchanan in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, along with several other actresses. Lionsgate also wanted her for Pride, Prejudice and Zombies, but that now appears in doubt.
Scarlett Johansson Near Deal For Cameron Crowe's 'We Bought A Zoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest Film News
- Watch The ‘Rogue One’ World Premiere Livestream Here
- How ‘La La Land’ Director Damien Chazelle, His Team & Lionsgate Faced The Music & Resurrected The Original…
- ‘Toni Erdmann’ Sweeps European Film Awards; Makes History At Message-Heavy Ceremony – Full List
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- ‘Moana’ Pushes ‘Office Christmas Party’ Off Her Turf; ‘La La Land’ Hits High Notes – Early AM…
- Boston Online Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Film Of 2016