EXCLUSIVE: Veteran talk show host Sally Jessy Raphael is looking to return to television and will chronicle her quest for another TV gig in half-hour comedy mockusoap I’m Still Sally. Raphael is expected to talk about her new project, which has not been set up at a network, during her appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show tomorrow. Described as Dirty Jobs meets Curb Your Enthusiasm meets The Comeback, the semi-scripted I’m Still Sally “also stars Sally’s husband Karl, her young gay assistant Micah, and her sassy housekeeper Patricia, all of whom she abuses relentlessly.” Following the end of her syndicated talk show Sally‘s 19-year run in 2002, Raphael did a stint on Hollywood Squares and co-starred on the fifth season of The Surreal Life but has been largely out of the spotlight for the past 5 years. On Oprah, she will appear alongside fellow veteran talk shows hosts, including Phil Donahue, Geraldo Rivera, Ricki Lake and Montel Williams.
Sally Jessy Raphael Eyes Return To TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS