EXCLUSIVE: Veteran talk show host Sally Jessy Raphael is looking to return to television and will chronicle her quest for another TV gig in half-hour comedy mockusoap I’m Still Sally. Raphael is expected to talk about her new project, which has not been set up at a network, during her appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show tomorrow. Described as Dirty Jobs meets Curb Your Enthusiasm meets The Comeback, the semi-scripted I’m Still Sally “also stars Sally’s husband Karl, her young gay assistant Micah, and her sassy housekeeper Patricia, all of whom she abuses relentlessly.” Following the end of her syndicated talk show Sally‘s 19-year run in 2002, Raphael did a stint on Hollywood Squares and co-starred on the fifth season of The Surreal Life but has been largely out of the spotlight for the past 5 years. On Oprah, she will appear alongside fellow veteran talk shows hosts, including Phil Donahue, Geraldo Rivera, Ricki Lake and Montel Williams.
Sally Jessy Raphael Eyes Return To TV
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'