EXCLUSIVE: Veteran talk show host Sally Jessy Raphael is looking to return to television and will chronicle her quest for another TV gig in half-hour comedy mockusoap I’m Still Sally. Raphael is expected to talk about her new project, which has not been set up at a network, during her appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show tomorrow. Described as Dirty Jobs meets Curb Your Enthusiasm meets The Comeback, the semi-scripted I’m Still Sally “also stars Sally’s husband Karl, her young gay assistant Micah, and her sassy housekeeper Patricia, all of whom she abuses relentlessly.” Following the end of her syndicated talk show Sally‘s 19-year run in 2002, Raphael did a stint on Hollywood Squares and co-starred on the fifth season of The Surreal Life but has been largely out of the spotlight for the past 5 years. On Oprah, she will appear alongside fellow veteran talk shows hosts, including Phil Donahue, Geraldo Rivera, Ricki Lake and Montel Williams.
Sally Jessy Raphael Eyes Return To TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Lea Thompson To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Our People’ From Lee Daniels
- ‘Fam’ CBS Comedy Pilot Casts Odessa Adlon; Dennis Andres Joins ABC’s ‘Greatest American Hero’
- Olympics Draws 16.4M Total Viewers, Lowest Weeknight Result Of 2018 – Update
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Nishi Munshi Joins CBS Comedy Pilot
- Noir Thriller VR Series ‘Memory Palace’ In Works From Telexist & Good Deed
- ‘The Village’: Warren Christie Cast In NBC Drama Pilot