EXCLUSIVE: Relativity Media has made a preemptive deal for Timeless, a spec script by Enchanted scribe Bill Kelly which Phillip Noyce is negotiating to direct. The premise involves time travel. A recently wed man loses his wife and discovers after the fact she has left him a fortune. Haunted by an unresolved issue between himself and his wife, the man invests the money to build a time travel device, just to see her one last time. Sunil Perkash will produce. Perkash produced the Noyce-directed Salt as well as Enchanted. After Kelly told Perkash the beats of the film, Perkash pitched them to Noyce and then Relativity Media’s Ryan Kavanaugh and Tucker Tooley took the project off the table. WME brokered the deal for Kelly and UTA reps Noyce.
Relativity, Phil Noyce Jump Into Time Travel Spec
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- Andrea Riseborough And ‘Nancy’ Director Christina Choe On Finding Truth In Fiction – Sundance Studio
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Ashley Judd Seeks Gender Parity At WME & ‘Berlin Station’ – Sundance Film Festival