Sunday Night Football sealed NBC’s 12th consecutive ratings victory on the night. The San Diego Chargers 36-14 blowout of the Indianapolis Colts drew a 13.0 overnight rating/19 share. That was down 18% from last week but up 3% from last fall’s Week 12 game, a Steelers-Ravens face-off that was decided in overtime. Meanwhile, with a football runover as a lead-in, Fox’s comedy originals spiked with double-digit ratings increases vs. last week. The Simpsons (4.1/10) at 8 PM was up 41%. The Cleveland Show (3.4/8) was up 42% and American Dad ! (2.9/7) was up 26%. Family Guy (3.0/7) was a rerun. CBS’ The Amazing Race (3.1/7) was up 3% from last week when CBS’ lineup was pushed back by 12 minutes because of an NFL overrun. The network’s Hallmark Hall of Fame movie November Christmas (2.1/5) did respectable business from 9-11 PM, flat with last year’s Hallmark Hall of Fame holiday movie A Dog Named Christmas. ABC’s ratings were trending downward throughout the night with an all-rerun lineup: America’s Funniest Home Videos (1.9/5), Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.7/4), Desperate Housewives (1.3/3) and Brothers & Sisters (0.9/2).
RATINGS RAT RACE: Football Gives NBC Nightly Win, Spurs Gains For Fox Comedies
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…