Sunday Night Football sealed NBC’s 12th consecutive ratings victory on the night. The San Diego Chargers 36-14 blowout of the Indianapolis Colts drew a 13.0 overnight rating/19 share. That was down 18% from last week but up 3% from last fall’s Week 12 game, a Steelers-Ravens face-off that was decided in overtime. Meanwhile, with a football runover as a lead-in, Fox’s comedy originals spiked with double-digit ratings increases vs. last week. The Simpsons (4.1/10) at 8 PM was up 41%. The Cleveland Show (3.4/8) was up 42% and American Dad ! (2.9/7) was up 26%. Family Guy (3.0/7) was a rerun. CBS’ The Amazing Race (3.1/7) was up 3% from last week when CBS’ lineup was pushed back by 12 minutes because of an NFL overrun. The network’s Hallmark Hall of Fame movie November Christmas (2.1/5) did respectable business from 9-11 PM, flat with last year’s Hallmark Hall of Fame holiday movie A Dog Named Christmas. ABC’s ratings were trending downward throughout the night with an all-rerun lineup: America’s Funniest Home Videos (1.9/5), Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.7/4), Desperate Housewives (1.3/3) and Brothers & Sisters (0.9/2).
RATINGS RAT RACE: Football Gives NBC Nightly Win, Spurs Gains For Fox Comedies
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97