The finale of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars (5.3/15, 24.1 million), which crowned actress Jennifer Grey as the winner, dominated the competition last night. Boosted by Bristol Palin’s improbable run to the finals (she finished 3rd), Dancing was up 23% from the reality series’ season finale last fall to log its highest closer 18-49 rating in 5 cycles (since May 2008) and its largest audiences in 6 cycles (since November 2007). Dancing’s lead-in, freshman drama No Ordinary Family (1.8/5), posted more modest gains, up a tenth from last week. Meanwhile, Glee, which had ranked as the No.1 Tuesday program among 18-49 with every original episode this fall, slipped to No.2 behind the Dancing finale and was down 20% from last week for a season low. Raising Hope (2.4/7) was down 11%. CBS and NBC’s lineups displayed only minor ratings fluctuations. CBS’ NCIS (3.9/11, 18.8 million) was flat for a third straight week, while NCIS:LA (3.2/9, 14.9 million) and The Good Wife (2.1/6, 10 million) were each down a tenth for a season low. At NBC, The Biggest Loser (2.4/7) was down a tenth while Parenthood (1.9/5) was up a tenth from last week’s series low.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Dancing' Ends On A High While 'Glee' Hits A Low
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order