EXCLUSIVE: Rachael Leigh Cook is set as the female lead opposite Eric McCormack in the TNT drama pilot Perception. The project, from ABC Studios, centers on Dr. Geoffrey Pierce (McCormack), an eccentric, frequently erratic and absolutely brilliant university professor in neuropsychiatry who helps the FBI solve complex cases. Cook will play sexy, sharp-tonged and smart FBI agent Kate Rossi who recruited her former professor Pierce to work for the bureau. The setup appears similar to that on Castle between Nathan Fillion’s Richard Castle and Stana Katic’s Kate Beckett and on The Mentalist between Simon Baker’s Patrick Jane and Robin Tunney’s Teresa Lisbon. Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman co-wrote the pilot, with Alan Poul directing. Cook, who started off as a teen actress, recently recurred on USA’s Psych.
Rachael Leigh Cook To Star Opposite Eric McCormack in TNT Pilot 'Perception'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Reunion Features Richard Hatch Tribute
- SAG-AFTRA Flooded Producers With Contract Claims To Use As Bargaining Chip In Talks
- David Cronenberg Novel ‘Consumed’ To Be Developed As TV Series By ‘FTWD’s Dave Erickson & ‘Lucifer’s Sheri Elwood…
- Comic-Con: ‘Teen Wolf’ Cast Takes A Walk Down Memory Lane, Debuts New Trailer For Final Season
- Comic-Con: ‘Exorcist’ Star Alfonso Herrera On Season 2 & ‘Sense8’ Finale
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Cite More Examples Of Actor’s Overspending In New Court Docs