EXCLUSIVE: Rachael Leigh Cook is set as the female lead opposite Eric McCormack in the TNT drama pilot Perception. The project, from ABC Studios, centers on Dr. Geoffrey Pierce (McCormack), an eccentric, frequently erratic and absolutely brilliant university professor in neuropsychiatry who helps the FBI solve complex cases. Cook will play sexy, sharp-tonged and smart FBI agent Kate Rossi who recruited her former professor Pierce to work for the bureau. The setup appears similar to that on Castle between Nathan Fillion’s Richard Castle and Stana Katic’s Kate Beckett and on The Mentalist between Simon Baker’s Patrick Jane and Robin Tunney’s Teresa Lisbon. Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman co-wrote the pilot, with Alan Poul directing. Cook, who started off as a teen actress, recently recurred on USA’s Psych.
Rachael Leigh Cook To Star Opposite Eric McCormack in TNT Pilot 'Perception'
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Leslye Headland To Direct ABC’s Gay-Straight Buddy Comedy Pilot
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Kevin James CBS Comedy Casts Ryan Cartwright; Andy Fickman Set To Direct
- Jake Tapper Snags First TV Interview With Actress In Pulled Ted Cruz Attack Ad
- ‘Hart Of Dixie’s Wilson Bethel Joins A&E Pilot ‘The Infamous’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Ashley Judd Joins Reboot