EXCLUSIVE: Rachael Leigh Cook is set as the female lead opposite Eric McCormack in the TNT drama pilot Perception. The project, from ABC Studios, centers on Dr. Geoffrey Pierce (McCormack), an eccentric, frequently erratic and absolutely brilliant university professor in neuropsychiatry who helps the FBI solve complex cases. Cook will play sexy, sharp-tonged and smart FBI agent Kate Rossi who recruited her former professor Pierce to work for the bureau. The setup appears similar to that on Castle between Nathan Fillion’s Richard Castle and Stana Katic’s Kate Beckett and on The Mentalist between Simon Baker’s Patrick Jane and Robin Tunney’s Teresa Lisbon. Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman co-wrote the pilot, with Alan Poul directing. Cook, who started off as a teen actress, recently recurred on USA’s Psych.
Rachael Leigh Cook To Star Opposite Eric McCormack in TNT Pilot 'Perception'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Originals’ Season Finale Ratings Even With 2016, ‘WWYD?’ Returns Steady
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’