Andy Harries, producer of The Queen and The Damned United, is planning a movie based around the Pink Floyd track Another Brick In the Wall. But it’s not a remake of Alan Parker’s Pink Floyd movie The Wall. Rather, it tells the true story of the schoolchildren who sang on the 1979 number one and their maverick music teacher. Harries tells me it’s “Dead Poets Society meets School of Rock.” He’s optioned the life story of music teacher Alun Renshaw who arrived at a struggling north London comprehensive (public) school in the late 70s, determined to shake things up. His class eventually ends up singing the chorus on the Pink Floyd track – whose controversial lyrics, flicking a V-sign at authority, end up getting Renshaw sacked. First-time writer Steve Thompson is writing the script for Left Bank and BBC Films. But Harries admits he hasn’t got the rights to the song yet. Songwriter Roger Waters can be notoriously difficult but he’s touring The Wall next year, so the timing could be propitious.
‘Queen’ Producer Plans Pink Floyd Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update