Oprah’s highly publicized sitdown with Michael Jackson’s parents and kids yesterday drew an 8.1 household rating, a season high for the talk show queen, now in the final season of her syndicated talk show. The episode, Oprah Talks To Michael Jackson’s Mother, Katherine, And Visits With His Children, was also Oprah’s highest-rated episode in a year, since her interview with Sarah Palin last November. Oprah, of course, had a ratings smash with her 1993 Michael Jackson special. Also today, the most recent syndication national ratings were released, and Oprah marked its 600th consecutive week in a row as the No.1 talk show on television. After a string of low-rated weeks over the summer, the show has picked up steam this fall as it heads into its September 2011 finale.
Oprah Posts 600th Week As No.1 Talk Show & Hits Season High With The Jackson Kids
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis