Oprah’s highly publicized sitdown with Michael Jackson’s parents and kids yesterday drew an 8.1 household rating, a season high for the talk show queen, now in the final season of her syndicated talk show. The episode, Oprah Talks To Michael Jackson’s Mother, Katherine, And Visits With His Children, was also Oprah’s highest-rated episode in a year, since her interview with Sarah Palin last November. Oprah, of course, had a ratings smash with her 1993 Michael Jackson special. Also today, the most recent syndication national ratings were released, and Oprah marked its 600th consecutive week in a row as the No.1 talk show on television. After a string of low-rated weeks over the summer, the show has picked up steam this fall as it heads into its September 2011 finale.
Oprah Posts 600th Week As No.1 Talk Show & Hits Season High With The Jackson Kids
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'