Harvey Fierstein, who won the 1984 Tony Award for writing the book for the musical La Cage Aux Folles, is taking a lead in the show for the very first time. The Tony-winning revival’s leads, Kelsey Grammer and Douglas Hodge, are exiting stage left on February 13. Fierstein will replace Hodge in the role of Albin, beginning February 15 at the Longacre Theatre. The producers are zeroing in on Grammer’s replacement. The songs are by Jerry Herman and the Terry Johnson won a 2010 Tony for directing, with Lynn Page the choreographer…up and coming actress Nina Arianda was named winner of the first Clive Barnes Awards, as was New York City Ballet dancer Chase Finlay. Arianda was honored for starring alongside Wes Bentley in Venus in Fur. Other finalists for that prize were Jon Michael Hill for Superior Donuts, Kendrick Jones for Scottsboro Boys, and Noah Robbins for Secrets of the Trade. Finalists for dance were: Aaron Carr of Keigwin + Company, Ghrai DeVote of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, and Hee Seo and Leann Underwood from American Ballet Theatre.
News From Broadway…
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?