EXCLUSIVE: It will be an abbreviated second (and probably final) season for the CW’s drama Life Unexpected after the network today decided not to order additional episodes beyond the show’s original 13-episode order. The writing has been on the wall: despite critical praise, LUX has been the the lowest-rated series on the CW this fall and was the only series with a 13-episode order not to receive a back order from the network 10 days ago when freshmen Nikita and Hellcats and veteran One Tree Hill received full-season pickups. In contrast, LUX, which stars Brittany Robertson, Shiri Appleby and Kristoffer Polaha, had only been given a pickup for 2 additional scripts. While the CW is putting off the final decision on LUX until May, the January season finale will likely serve as a series finale. It seems like the show’s writers are treating it that way – I hear last the episode will resolve many of the storylines on the show to give fans a satisfying finale.
No Back Order For CW's 'Life Unexpected'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Andreeva
- Stark Sands To Star In ‘Minority Report’
- Jack Davenport To Co-Star In HBO’s Sarah Silverman Pilot; Kerri Kenney Also Cast
- Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
- Alison Pill Cast In Jenna Bans ABC Pilot
- Meagan Good To Star In ‘Minority Report’ Fox Pilot
- Will Kemp & Connie Nielsen To Co-Star In NBC Pilot ‘Unveiled’