EXCLUSIVE: It will be an abbreviated second (and probably final) season for the CW’s drama Life Unexpected after the network today decided not to order additional episodes beyond the show’s original 13-episode order. The writing has been on the wall: despite critical praise, LUX has been the the lowest-rated series on the CW this fall and was the only series with a 13-episode order not to receive a back order from the network 10 days ago when freshmen Nikita and Hellcats and veteran One Tree Hill received full-season pickups. In contrast, LUX, which stars Brittany Robertson, Shiri Appleby and Kristoffer Polaha, had only been given a pickup for 2 additional scripts. While the CW is putting off the final decision on LUX until May, the January season finale will likely serve as a series finale. It seems like the show’s writers are treating it that way – I hear last the episode will resolve many of the storylines on the show to give fans a satisfying finale.
No Back Order For CW's 'Life Unexpected'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens - Deadline Q&A
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- WGA Panel Sees More Viewer And Network Acceptance of LGBT Themes
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ABC’s ‘American Crime’ Cast Talks About Second Season’s…
- ABC Nears ‘Castle’ Renewal Decision For Season 9, Nathan Fillion Set To Return
- ‘Supergirl’ Eyes Move To Vancouver To Reduce Costs As Season 2 Stays In Limbo
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- NBC’s ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Donald Trump “Exclusive” After ‘Nightly News’ Trump…