EXCLUSIVE: Now this is what I would call an event: NBC’s freshman drama The Event — which was recently picked up for a full season despite eroding ratings — is pursuing Emmy-nominated Friday Night Lights star Connie Britton for a major recurring role. According to sources, producers — one of whom is Britton’s longtime FNL director, Jeffrey Reiner — put a feeler out to the actress to play a senator’s wife. When her husband suddenly dies, the Harvard grad and former powerhouse attorney is given 90 days to prove herself worthy of his seat. And let there be no doubt that Britton is their first choice for the role; the casting breakdown lists the name of the character in question as “Senator Britton.” Should she bite, this would be the MVP’s first TV gig since wrapping up her five-season stint on FNL last July; the show’s final episodes are currently airing on DirecTV. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early 2011 launch of a new TV-centric website.
NBC's 'The Event' Wooing Connie Britton
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset
- Netflix Fires Executive For “Careless” Remarks On Danny Masterson Allegations