EXCLUSIVE: Seinfeld alum Spike Feresten is returning to NBC with a new half-hour project starring a stand-up comedian. The untitled comedy, toplined by Nick Thune, revolves around a group of twentysomethings new to Los Angeles seen through the eyes of the newest arrival, played by Thune. Feresten created and is writing the project, which is being produced by UMS. He is executive producing with 3 Arts which manages both Feresten and Thune, while Thune serves as a co-executive producer. WME-repped Thune, who has a Web series, Nick’s Big Show, has appeared in such movies as Knocked Up and Unaccompanied Minors. He returns to NBC after starring opposite Matthew Broderick in the network’s comedy pilot Beach Lane in the spring. CAA-repped Feresten worked on Seinfeld during the hit comedy’s last 3 seasons. He recently hosted and executive produced a late-night talk show on Fox and, along with Dana Carvey, wrote, executive produced and starred in a sketch comedy pilot for the network this past development season.
NBC To Develop Spike Feresten Ensemble Comedy Starring Nick Thune
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Moana' Keeps Fire Going In Chilly December Weekend; 'Manchester' & 'Jackie' Bask In Awards Season Rays
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015
- Kellyanne Conway Tells ‘Meet The Press’ She’s Gracious, Humble & Not A Sore Winner
- ‘SNL’ Hunts For Elusive Hillary, Host Emma Stone Finds True Christmas Savior
- Donald Trump Still Hates Alec Baldwin’s ‘SNL’ Impression, Tweets It “Can’t Get Any Worse”