EXCLUSIVE: Seinfeld alum Spike Feresten is returning to NBC with a new half-hour project starring a stand-up comedian. The untitled comedy, toplined by Nick Thune, revolves around a group of twentysomethings new to Los Angeles seen through the eyes of the newest arrival, played by Thune. Feresten created and is writing the project, which is being produced by UMS. He is executive producing with 3 Arts which manages both Feresten and Thune, while Thune serves as a co-executive producer. WME-repped Thune, who has a Web series, Nick’s Big Show, has appeared in such movies as Knocked Up and Unaccompanied Minors. He returns to NBC after starring opposite Matthew Broderick in the network’s comedy pilot Beach Lane in the spring. CAA-repped Feresten worked on Seinfeld during the hit comedy’s last 3 seasons. He recently hosted and executive produced a late-night talk show on Fox and, along with Dana Carvey, wrote, executive produced and starred in a sketch comedy pilot for the network this past development season.
NBC To Develop Spike Feresten Ensemble Comedy Starring Nick Thune
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Comedy Central SVP Original Programming Gary Mann To Depart
- Keith Cox Officially Named President, Development & Production, For Paramount Network & TV Land
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Renewed For Season 52 By NBC
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Georgia King To Topline ‘Raised By Wolves’ ABC Comedy Pilot From Diablo Cody & Berlanti Prods.
- Sean Spicer: Donald Trump Has “Healthy Respect For Press” And “Deep Respect For 1st Amendment”