Tying the announcement to Days of Our Lives‘ 45th season celebration today, NBC announced that it has picked up the daytime drama for two more years through the 2012-13 season. “Days of our Lives remains vitally creative through the years as it continues to draw new generations of viewers, especially among its loyal female audience” said NBCU TV Entertainment chairman Jeff Gaspin. It is a shot in the arm for the daytime drama genre which has seen its ranks dwindle in the past few years amidst continuous ratings declines. Days of our Lives, produced by Sony TV, first premiered as a half-hour drama in 1965 and expanded to an hour 10 years later. Season to date, it is averaging 2.6 million viewers.
NBC Renews 'Days Of Our Lives' For 2 Years
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips