Tying the announcement to Days of Our Lives‘ 45th season celebration today, NBC announced that it has picked up the daytime drama for two more years through the 2012-13 season. “Days of our Lives remains vitally creative through the years as it continues to draw new generations of viewers, especially among its loyal female audience” said NBCU TV Entertainment chairman Jeff Gaspin. It is a shot in the arm for the daytime drama genre which has seen its ranks dwindle in the past few years amidst continuous ratings declines. Days of our Lives, produced by Sony TV, first premiered as a half-hour drama in 1965 and expanded to an hour 10 years later. Season to date, it is averaging 2.6 million viewers.
NBC Renews 'Days Of Our Lives' For 2 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins