Tying the announcement to Days of Our Lives‘ 45th season celebration today, NBC announced that it has picked up the daytime drama for two more years through the 2012-13 season. “Days of our Lives remains vitally creative through the years as it continues to draw new generations of viewers, especially among its loyal female audience” said NBCU TV Entertainment chairman Jeff Gaspin. It is a shot in the arm for the daytime drama genre which has seen its ranks dwindle in the past few years amidst continuous ratings declines. Days of our Lives, produced by Sony TV, first premiered as a half-hour drama in 1965 and expanded to an hour 10 years later. Season to date, it is averaging 2.6 million viewers.
NBC Renews 'Days Of Our Lives' For 2 Years
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox