Tying the announcement to Days of Our Lives‘ 45th season celebration today, NBC announced that it has picked up the daytime drama for two more years through the 2012-13 season. “Days of our Lives remains vitally creative through the years as it continues to draw new generations of viewers, especially among its loyal female audience” said NBCU TV Entertainment chairman Jeff Gaspin. It is a shot in the arm for the daytime drama genre which has seen its ranks dwindle in the past few years amidst continuous ratings declines. Days of our Lives, produced by Sony TV, first premiered as a half-hour drama in 1965 and expanded to an hour 10 years later. Season to date, it is averaging 2.6 million viewers.
NBC Renews 'Days Of Our Lives' For 2 Years
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'