NBC has added supernatural soap Vines to its roster of drama projects in development for next season, with The Ring director Hideo Nakata possibly executive producing and possibly direct. The project, from writer Mark Kruger (The 4400) and film producers Michael Aguilar (The Departed) and Taka Ichise (The Ring and The Grudge movies), was originally developed as a feature, which serves as inspiration for the potential series. It centers on a troubled family desperate for a fresh start that takes over a Napa Valley winery whose ancient vines possess dangerous mystical powers. UMS is producing with Aguilar’s Dos Tontos banner and Ichise’s OZLA Pictires; Aguilar, Kruger and Ichise executive producing the project. Nakata directed the original Japanese movies Ring and Ring 2 as well as the Hollywood sequel The Ring Two and another Japanese movie that got a Hollywood remake, Dark Water. Kruger is with WME and Madhouse.
NBC Develops Winery-Set Supernatural Soap
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2