EXCLUSIVE: Veteran feature writer George Gallo is venturing into television with a medical drama at NBC. The project, tentatively titled Dr. Henry, centers on the title character, an eccentric psychiatrist who, with the help of his team at his prestigious institute, digs into his patients’ psyches to help cure them of the most bizarre psychological afflictions. The drama, which draws parallels to Fox’s veteran House, M.D., will be produced by UMS. Gallo is executive producing with Russ Krasnoff, executive producer of NBC’s sophomore comedy series Community. Also exec producing is Gary Foster, Krasnoff’s partner at Krasnoff/Foster Entertainment. Dr. Henry is part of NBC’s efforts this season to develop dramas that add a twist to the traditional medical franchise. Gallo, whose credits include Midnight Run and Bad Boys, is one of several feature scribes entering TV this development season, along with Pirates of the Caribbean writer Terry Rossio, who is penning supernatural drama Magical Law for Fox and director Gore Verbinski, and The Proposal scribe Pete Chiarelli, who is writing an adaptation of Hitch for Fox.
NBC Developing Medical Drama From 'Midnight Run' Writer George Gallo
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Netflix Eyes Second Coming Of Jesus Drama Series ‘Messiah’ From Mark Burnett & Roma Downey
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Trailer: Elisabeth Moss Is On A Mission To Survive
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After…