EXCLUSIVE: Veteran feature writer George Gallo is venturing into television with a medical drama at NBC. The project, tentatively titled Dr. Henry, centers on the title character, an eccentric psychiatrist who, with the help of his team at his prestigious institute, digs into his patients’ psyches to help cure them of the most bizarre psychological afflictions. The drama, which draws parallels to Fox’s veteran House, M.D., will be produced by UMS. Gallo is executive producing with Russ Krasnoff, executive producer of NBC’s sophomore comedy series Community. Also exec producing is Gary Foster, Krasnoff’s partner at Krasnoff/Foster Entertainment. Dr. Henry is part of NBC’s efforts this season to develop dramas that add a twist to the traditional medical franchise. Gallo, whose credits include Midnight Run and Bad Boys, is one of several feature scribes entering TV this development season, along with Pirates of the Caribbean writer Terry Rossio, who is penning supernatural drama Magical Law for Fox and director Gore Verbinski, and The Proposal scribe Pete Chiarelli, who is writing an adaptation of Hitch for Fox.
NBC Developing Medical Drama From 'Midnight Run' Writer George Gallo
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles