EXCLUSIVE: He just starred on an NBC drama series with comic book mythology. Now Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia is back at the network as the star/executive producer of Rest, a new drama project based on a comic book series he co-created. Ventimiglia will executive produce the project, which has received a script commitment with film/TV/Broadway producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Footloose, Drop Dead Diva). Also executive producing are Ventimiglia’s producing partner at Divide Pictures Russ Cundiff and Marc Silvestri and Matt Hawkins from Top Cow, the comic book publisher behind Rest. Writer Philip Levens (Smallville), who will also executive produce, is adapting the comic, which was created by Ventimiglia, Cudiff and Mark Powers based on a script by Mike O’Sullivan. It centers on John Barret (Ventimiglia), a normal twentysomething guy in New York City who spends every waking hour working. He enrolls in a testing program for a drug that eliminates the need of sleep and soon becomes addicted to it, which helps him accomplish more but also leads to serious consequences. Since the comic launched in 2008, there has been a lot of chatter among fans that Barret looks a lot like Ventimiglia and that Rest would be turned into TV series or film. Ventimiglia and Levens are with CAA.
NBC Developing Comic-Based Drama Starring 'Heroes' Alum Milo Ventimiglia
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Fox Developing Soap From ‘No Good Deed’ Writer & Chernin Entertainment
- ‘Lady In The Mask’ Psychological Thriller Drama From Amblin TV Set At the CW
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- TV Academy Reclassifies Variety Special Emmy Categories; Splits Some Costume, Directing & Sound Editing Fields