EXCLUSIVE: He just starred on an NBC drama series with comic book mythology. Now Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia is back at the network as the star/executive producer of Rest, a new drama project based on a comic book series he co-created. Ventimiglia will executive produce the project, which has received a script commitment with film/TV/Broadway producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Footloose, Drop Dead Diva). Also executive producing are Ventimiglia’s producing partner at Divide Pictures Russ Cundiff and Marc Silvestri and Matt Hawkins from Top Cow, the comic book publisher behind Rest. Writer Philip Levens (Smallville), who will also executive produce, is adapting the comic, which was created by Ventimiglia, Cudiff and Mark Powers based on a script by Mike O’Sullivan. It centers on John Barret (Ventimiglia), a normal twentysomething guy in New York City who spends every waking hour working. He enrolls in a testing program for a drug that eliminates the need of sleep and soon becomes addicted to it, which helps him accomplish more but also leads to serious consequences. Since the comic launched in 2008, there has been a lot of chatter among fans that Barret looks a lot like Ventimiglia and that Rest would be turned into TV series or film. Ventimiglia and Levens are with CAA.
NBC Developing Comic-Based Drama Starring 'Heroes' Alum Milo Ventimiglia
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President