EXCLUSIVE: He just starred on an NBC drama series with comic book mythology. Now Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia is back at the network as the star/executive producer of Rest, a new drama project based on a comic book series he co-created. Ventimiglia will executive produce the project, which has received a script commitment with film/TV/Broadway producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Footloose, Drop Dead Diva). Also executive producing are Ventimiglia’s producing partner at Divide Pictures Russ Cundiff and Marc Silvestri and Matt Hawkins from Top Cow, the comic book publisher behind Rest. Writer Philip Levens (Smallville), who will also executive produce, is adapting the comic, which was created by Ventimiglia, Cudiff and Mark Powers based on a script by Mike O’Sullivan. It centers on John Barret (Ventimiglia), a normal twentysomething guy in New York City who spends every waking hour working. He enrolls in a testing program for a drug that eliminates the need of sleep and soon becomes addicted to it, which helps him accomplish more but also leads to serious consequences. Since the comic launched in 2008, there has been a lot of chatter among fans that Barret looks a lot like Ventimiglia and that Rest would be turned into TV series or film. Ventimiglia and Levens are with CAA.
NBC Developing Comic-Based Drama Starring 'Heroes' Alum Milo Ventimiglia
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes 70th Bash: "Cinema Is With Manchester" Says Fest Boss; Guillermo del Toro Talks "Monsters...In Post-Truth Age"
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Gets August Premiere Date On TNT
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Creative Team Talks Going Beyond The Book – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Laura Bell Bundy Joins ‘Good Behavior’; ‘Zoo’ Casts Delon de Metz