EXCLUSIVE: He just starred on an NBC drama series with comic book mythology. Now Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia is back at the network as the star/executive producer of Rest, a new drama project based on a comic book series he co-created. Ventimiglia will executive produce the project, which has received a script commitment with film/TV/Broadway producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Footloose, Drop Dead Diva). Also executive producing are Ventimiglia’s producing partner at Divide Pictures Russ Cundiff and Marc Silvestri and Matt Hawkins from Top Cow, the comic book publisher behind Rest. Writer Philip Levens (Smallville), who will also executive produce, is adapting the comic, which was created by Ventimiglia, Cudiff and Mark Powers based on a script by Mike O’Sullivan. It centers on John Barret (Ventimiglia), a normal twentysomething guy in New York City who spends every waking hour working. He enrolls in a testing program for a drug that eliminates the need of sleep and soon becomes addicted to it, which helps him accomplish more but also leads to serious consequences. Since the comic launched in 2008, there has been a lot of chatter among fans that Barret looks a lot like Ventimiglia and that Rest would be turned into TV series or film. Ventimiglia and Levens are with CAA.
NBC Developing Comic-Based Drama Starring 'Heroes' Alum Milo Ventimiglia
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest TV News
- Culture Book ‘Consider Phlebas’ Getting TV Series Adaptation At Amazon By Plan B and Dennis Kelly
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot