It’s the end of the road for J.J. Abrams’ spy drama Undercovers as NBC today decided not to pick up additional episodes from the freshman series beyond the original 13-episode order. The Warner Bros TV-produced show is now filming Episode 12. The news comes on the heels of Undercovers hitting another series low last night when it slipped to a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demo. The slickly produced light drama, whose pilot was directed by Abrams, broke primetime ground by featuring two black actors as the leads. But it got off to a disappointing start in the Wednesday 8 PM slot and never found traction with viewers. The series will stay on for the next 2 weeks and will air its last original (for now) on December 1. It was already set for preemption on Nov. 24 when NBC is airing a DreamWorks Animation holiday special. The fate of the remaining original Undercovers episodes is unclear. This is the second new NBC series to get cancelled, along with legal drama Outlaw. The rest of NBC’s freshman class all received back-nine orders two weeks ago. At the time, Undercovers got a pickup for four additional scripts.
NBC Cancels New Drama 'Undercovers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama Joined Onstage By Hillary Clinton At DNC, Blasts Donald Trump As “Self-Declared Savior”
- Hollywood Reacts To Obama DNC Speech With Praise, Jokes & Nostalgia
- President Obama’s DNC Intro Video: A Career Of Achievement – Watch
- Michael Bloomberg Calls Donald Trump “Dangerous Demagogue”, Questions His Sanity & Competency At DNC
- ‘Luke Cage’ Showrunner On Filming Netflix Show: “I Didn’t Want To Speak Harlem And Say Harlem Without Seeing Harlem”…
- Fiery Joe Biden Touts Top Dems, Roasts “Clueless” Donald Trump & Stokes American Pride At DNC