It’s the end of the road for J.J. Abrams’ spy drama Undercovers as NBC today decided not to pick up additional episodes from the freshman series beyond the original 13-episode order. The Warner Bros TV-produced show is now filming Episode 12. The news comes on the heels of Undercovers hitting another series low last night when it slipped to a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demo. The slickly produced light drama, whose pilot was directed by Abrams, broke primetime ground by featuring two black actors as the leads. But it got off to a disappointing start in the Wednesday 8 PM slot and never found traction with viewers. The series will stay on for the next 2 weeks and will air its last original (for now) on December 1. It was already set for preemption on Nov. 24 when NBC is airing a DreamWorks Animation holiday special. The fate of the remaining original Undercovers episodes is unclear. This is the second new NBC series to get cancelled, along with legal drama Outlaw. The rest of NBC’s freshman class all received back-nine orders two weeks ago. At the time, Undercovers got a pickup for four additional scripts.
NBC Cancels New Drama 'Undercovers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Discovery' EPs Alex Kurtzman & Akiva Goldsman On "Burnham's Dilemma" & Michelle Yeoh Shocker
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; 'It' Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW - International Box Office
Trevor Noah: Donald Trump's NFL Tweets Don't Speak For All "Conservative, Old White Men" - Tribeca TV Festival
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino & Daniel Palladino Ink Amazon Studios Overall Deal
- ‘Vanity Fair’: Suranne Jones, Michael Palin Join Olivia Cooke In ITV/Amazon Drama
- John Oliver Feasts On Donald Trump’s Declaration Of War Against NFL
- ‘Star Trek Discovery’ Fuels Record Sign-Ups For CBS All Access
- ‘Star Trek Discovery’ EPs Alex Kurtzman & Akiva Goldsman On “Burnham’s Dilemma” & Michelle…
- ‘Star Trek Discovery’ Review: Sonequa Martin-Green Show Solid But Thrusters Not Activated Yet For All Access…